TopstepTrader Q & A

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Topstep, Jan 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Topstep

Topstep

@ranger64 - Each brokerage can set their own day trading requirements, which vary by time of day and product. We don't base our account sizes off of any one brokerage. In fact, our intraday margins are thousands of dollars per contract, not $400. And we certainly wouldn't recommend traders trade 5 contracts with $2,700 in an account. Hope this helps answer your question!

Best,
    TopstepTrader

#81     Nov 29, 2017
    VPhantom likes this.
  2. TST you should consider slowing the trailing stop and/or making the trailing stop count toward actual closed gains. This would make your program a little less like a hamster wheel. I like the program because I know what I want out of it. But based on the rules the perception is that you could care less about getting good traders. The trailing stop is a huge part of this

#82     Nov 30, 2017
  3. Hello TST support,

May I use an automated trading system (with NinjaTrader as my platform) for the Combine, FTP, and Funded phases to take trades in auto for me please?

The system will be programmed to follow all the trading rules.

Thanks,

#83     Dec 2, 2017
  4. p0box4

p0box4

You are confusing OneUp with TST i think?
    If i remember correctly the trailing draw down with TST is calculated at the end of the day.

#84     Dec 2, 2017
  5. Thanks for correcting me on that.

#85     Dec 2, 2017
  6. traderjo

traderjo

Ok so could you please clarify in no uncertain terms
    Is your "Funding" notional or actual? becasue Futures have built in leverage
    SO it is very easy to advertise " We will fund you for $125,000 with E mini S&P" when we all know 1 ES contract only needs $5000 if held overnight... also why do you refuse to disclose what % do really get funded and when I say "Funded , that does not mean the money they themselves have paid you guys in "Monthly fees" so if one is a slow learner and takes 6 months to pas your "Combine" by that time they would have paid more than $500 which is what can be used to trade your own $125000 using day trading futures margins!

#86     Dec 8, 2017
  7. p0box4

p0box4

@TopstepTrader How is the coaches combine going? No updates since december 7th.
    Looks like TST hopes everyone would forget about it.

#87     Dec 24, 2017
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

Did they try a show off and failed? :)

That is similar to Tasty Trades' live trades, burning accounts on both ends...

#88     Dec 25, 2017
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  9. p0box4

p0box4

Yes, the last trade was on november 30th, they where 185$ from the max draw down and then just stopped, on december 7th they posted the coaches where still trading however there has been no more updates.
    They started trading september 5th.

[​IMG]

#89     Dec 26, 2017
    Pekelo and SimpleMeLike like this.
  10. Thanks for update RDK91,

If a trader hit drawdown, its not a bad thing. Perhaps when started trading the trading strategy does not meet current market conditions. I have experienced this a few times while trading in the combine.

With a $2K drawdown choosing the time or market condition to start trading is a challenge. You have to think of long term, especially if trading systematic. Even discretionary trading.

Also, don't forget the trader have to escape this drawdown of $2K three times. One in combine, another in FTP phase, and another when finally funded. So the smart thing to do don't worry about reaching the profit target, focus on trading a stratey of some sort that does not have a max drawdown of $2k.

Also, keep in mind, the trailing drawdown stops once balance is up by $2k. So lets say, you make $4K, well now you have a $4k drawdown. I hope this makes sense.

So if the coaches, have not pass the combine yet, its no big deal.

Still working on this myself. :)

#90     Dec 26, 2017
    Topstep likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.