TopstepTrader Q & A

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Topstep, Jan 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lukas

lukas Guest

The most part of the all-in commission rate is the CME exchange fee. As a prop trading company you should have become a CME corporate equity member a long time ago and give your traders a real chance of success. Could you explain why this strategic decision has not been made by the company?

Also, where on your website could I find more information on TSTrader? Commission-free trades should also be featured in the Trading Combine, I suggest. This (or rather $0.09 per side as it is based on Tradovate platform I believe) combined with reduced CME exchange fees could be a real game-changer for you and I can guarantee you I would sign up straight away, as well as many many other short-term traders

#71     Aug 17, 2017
  2. Topstep

Topstep

Lukas - thanks for your suggestions! We certainly appreciate and consider all recommendations from our community. Since users can move between platforms, we decided to keep the standard commissions on TSTrader in the Trading Combine in order to evaluate traders under the same circumstances.

For more information, on TSTrader, please visit our Help Center: https://help.topsteptrader.com/hc/en-us/categories/115001480688-TSTrader.

Finally, we just wrote a blog post about how one short-term scalper recently moved into a funded account. Think you might find her story interesting: http://blog.topsteptrader.com/profitable-scalping.

#72     Aug 29, 2017
  3. w4rri0r

w4rri0r

don't get me wrong as i'm just trying to understand.....
    i have to pay in order to allow you to earn from my work?

so....i need to pay to get a job?

#73     Oct 5, 2017
  4. Does topstep use the commissions that are used in the TST Trader app? 1.16 i think. Also during news events are you automatically closed if your in a position or if you are in a position during the evaluation during an event you are automatically not funded since you broke one of the criteria for funding?

#74     Oct 19, 2017
  5. traderjo

traderjo

repeating my questions
    The fundamental question to all these so called "Prop firms" are
    First of all, are you a Prop firm or a Trader backer ( Maverick74 defination)
    - What % of profits of the firm revenue comes from Trader's profits and what % from "Paid tests revenue" call them whatever you like combine/ test / evaluation
    - What % of people joining you are funded? and would you disclose that information upfront
    - Charging of "Test fees" "Training fees" means at least in initial stages people joining are trading their own capital with std Day trading leverage! are they not
    - IF a prop firm take even a cent from traders they need to be regulated do they not? "Test fees" is just another way to circumnavigate this.
    I have nothing to do with TST or any other firm. Just consumer questions...

#75     Oct 19, 2017
  6. Ok there is one thing I don`t get: Topsteptrader gives you an 150K account to trade with, but you`re only allowed to trade 15 contracts with a max drawdown of 4500 USD. If you want to trade 15 contracts of ES you only need 400 X 15 = 6000 daytrade margin plus the 4500 drawdown equals 10500 USD. So with 10500 dollars you can do the same as with the fictional 150K topsteptrader account. Even if you do the math with a higher day trade margin, you don´t get anywhere near the 150K. Much easier to do sim trading for free, cough up roughly 10K, trade your own money, shop for cheaper commissions and platform fees than TST are offering and keep 100 percent of your profits. (or do the math for their fictional 30K account: if you want to trade 3 lots with a max drawdown of 1500, open an account with AMP, 400 X 3 = 1200 margin plus 1500 max drawdown = 2700 USD

#76     Nov 26, 2017
    VPhantom likes this.
  7. I think everyone can agree that the if you have a $11-$25k account to trade you could do much more than what topstep/oneup is offering but I doubt you will learn as fast as you would if you passed a combine. I think these combines are good training tools for people that want to be day traders for much less money that doing it yourself. Think about it your learning to trade for a month the price of a typically losing day 2 years @ $500/month would be $12,000. Now how long do you think that would last a new trader? I think I'll do a separate topstep review as I've done one for Oneup.

#77     Nov 26, 2017
  8. Topstep

Topstep

Hi ranger 64, thanks for your feedback. TopstepTrader was created to give traders a safe environment to learn, practice, and profit from the financial markets. As we all know, the market has a mind of its own. If someone deposits $10,500 in their own trading account, they are responsible for that whole amount - plus any losses that may happen otherwise if there was a large move. Putting up one's own capital is a big risk for some traders. We're here to help traders manage their risk and empower those on their journey to earning financial freedom.

Trade well.

#79     Nov 27, 2017
    VPhantom likes this.
  9. That still doesn't answer why you are baiting people with a 30.000 USD account when it's actually only a 2700 USD account

#80     Nov 29, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.