TopstepTrader Q & A

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Topstep, Jan 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GuyCL

GuyCL

I believe its been said that one ups DD is harder being intraday ? I scalp so i dont think these would effect me. I also do one trade at a time

#361     Sep 26, 2019
  2. GuyCL

GuyCL

Does Topstep also have a withdrawal Threshold? If so that would mean 3 times you need to earn money before getting paid ?

#362     Oct 1, 2019
  3. no threshold you can ACH your profits or wire them as soon as they come

#363     Oct 2, 2019
  4. plassma

plassma

Hi i got a email about a new micros account for swing trading cant find the details on the site though

#364     Oct 9, 2019
  5. I saw it to must be a joke. Target 1,500 in micros to get a 10k account with 5 contracts buying power which is $250 margin and in the real account probably makes you scale those. Or about 2 months of paying the combine fee. 1.5k target is about $15k in the mini contracts smh

#365     Oct 9, 2019
  6. I am from India and have around 10+ years of experience in trading index futures purely on price action pattern on charts.

What happens when I clear the trading combine and get a funded account in terms of taxation ? I mean what is the overall procedure that I will have to follow for the tax that I will have to pay ?

#366     Oct 25, 2019
  7. GuyCL

GuyCL

your your own self contractor . you file what ever way you do in India.

#367     Oct 27, 2019
  8. Can we trade 20 micro lots of Nasdaq 100 index instead of 2 mini lots of Nasdaq 100 index in the 50K trading combine challenge ?

#368     Nov 3, 2019
  9. Hello TopStep,

I have a question regarding rules for funded traders?

OneUp imposes additional trading rules (i.e., must trade 1/2 of weekly volume traded during evaluation phase, must have positive equity at the end of every "2 week-period" versus the beginning balance of said "2 week-period") -- these are publicly stated on their website and catch a lot of traders off guard upon "passing" the evaluation stage.

Does TopStep have additional trading rules other than the ones publicly stated on your website?

Thank you!

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    #369     Nov 22, 2019
  10. Sekiyo

Sekiyo

The beauty of the financial market is that you can scale down or up your position size. If you’re serious about it then you know how much % to bet and buy as much contracts as required. Otherwise you will either over / under bet.

5 contracts is ... 250$ per day ?
    Not bad but you can earn x10 more.

If you got a good system then you should squeeze as much as possible out of the market.

#370     Jan 29, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.