TopstepTrader Q & A

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Topstep, Jan 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lukas

lukas Guest

#351     Apr 4, 2019
  2. Topstep

Topstep

Hi @lukas. The Trading Combine account size you choose will determine your maximum position size. So yes, if you choose the $150k account then you will have a maximum position size of 15 lots.

#352     Apr 5, 2019
  3. lukas

lukas Guest

@TopstepTrader
    Why is there a limit on the max position size? You also state on your website that adjusted risk parameters can be requested. Does it mean it is possible to request a position size limit larger than 15 lots?

#353     Apr 17, 2019
  4. Topstep

Topstep

There is a limit on maximum position size while you are in Step 1 and Step 2 of the Trading Combine to ensure our traders can manage risk and prove our capital is safe in your hands. Once in the Funded Account, your cumulative profit must be greater than $5,000 to request adjusted risk parameters. Our Risk Manager would adjust your parameters after reviewing your trading and speaking with you.

#354     Apr 18, 2019
  5. Overnight

Overnight

If you have a good system and assess the upcoming risks to the world-wide markets, you would be great doing just 5 contracts I would think. Just my angle on it.

#355     Apr 18, 2019
  6. does the keep the first 5000 apply to each time your funded?

#356     Aug 28, 2019
  7. GuyCL

GuyCL

Top step seems good. But being forced or pressured to talk to coaches, isnt good. If someone doesnt want mentoring or coaching they shouldnt have to be called continously

#357     Sep 26, 2019
    tomtr27, Sekiyo and SouthbeachCTA like this.
  8. From my personal experience I think topstep is the most reputable of all the funding companies with no hurdles after passing the combine they recently added a live sim account but you dont have to use that if you want to go directly to a live account. My only issue is the trailing drawdown, the daily loss limit is not setable on the combine so you dont get knocked out, you can accidentally open more than the allowed number of contracts all of these cause you to lose the combine. As far as forced coaching on my first funded account I got a call and it was like 1 minute the 2nd funded account i didn't get a call at all. Ive had max losing days back to back with no call

#358     Sep 26, 2019
  9. GuyCL

GuyCL

As you know there are quite a few post, between earn 2 trade Top step and one up. I powered through them the last couple few days. Im happy to hear your experience and did remember several complaints about that. Maybe the support will elaborate. Topstep DD isnt it realized PNL . I dont like how strict Topstep is though. if your off by 1 second doesnt matter.

#359     Sep 26, 2019
  10. the trailing DD is from the starting days balance it stops trailing at the starting account balance

#360     Sep 26, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.