TopstepTrader Q & A

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Topstep, Jan 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The quote you cited says SPECIFICALLY for immediate questions, email them directly. NOT post repeatedly in ET.

Trading becomes easier when reading is conquered.

#331     Aug 15, 2018
  2. How disappointing, after all these years and he still hasn't progressed. I was really shocked when he blocked me, seriously, I wasn't rude, or cursing, but I guess he still is struggling with his feelings. Oh Well.

The Ever Long Live Cable VIPER

#332     Aug 20, 2018
  3. vaman

vaman

Hello @TopstepTrader

So let me get it clear.
    Combine $30K:

Max daily loss is $500. Two points is minimum SL in Emini. So $500 is 5 trades with 2 point ($100) SL trading one Emini contract. So, basically you want trader to prove s/he can start moving up before hitting 5 net/straight losses. I think it is fairly achievable with high probability continuation trades but swinging the with trend won't be possible. Any chance you can move the daily loss limit to 8 trades from current 5 trades.

I think that limit of 5 trades will be little stressful. Also, it will be difficult to enter the spikes with SL at the bottom. Those high probability trades will have to be skipped.

Also can't trade more than one lot with this strong condition. With 2 lots, $500 means 3rd consecutive loss will mean failure.

I am ok with 1 lot Emini & 5 bullets at hand, but it will feel better to have something like 8 bullets.

Thanks

#333     Aug 28, 2018
  4. Topstep

Topstep

Hi @vaman,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Though we do see traders succeed in this account size, we understand trading is difficult and a very personal journey. Risk tolerance, time frame, market state, and many other factors have an influence on the analysis and mindset of a trader. And it important to remember that each trader is unique and the different account sizes will work better for different trading strategies. Perhaps the $50K, $100K, or $150K accounts, which have larger loss limits, would suit your trading better and ease any stress. We hope this helps provide some clarity! If you would like to speak directly to a Trader Support representative, you can always email us at support@topsteptrader.com.

#334     Aug 30, 2018
  5. If have any type of strategy that you have some confidence in give TST a try just dont spend more than you would be offered.

#335     Sep 15, 2018
  6. legionx

legionx

It's been two weeks now waiting for my Premium Funded Account. This is unprecedented since

it does not take more than a week, by your standards, to set up a funded account. I am not

getting any answers so hopefully someone from TST can explain, thank you.

#336     Oct 27, 2018
  7. Did you get your contract yet?

#337     Oct 27, 2018
  8. legionx

legionx

Yup, signed already.

#338     Oct 27, 2018
  9. Topstep

Topstep

Hi @legionx,

It typically takes 1-2 weeks for a Funded Account to be processed, and with Premium Funded Accounts it could take a little bit longer since we're working with a brokerage. Being at the end of the month our Trader Support team won't enable new accounts to save traders from paying back-to-back data fees. Trader Support will be able to update you on your account status. You can contact us at support@topsteptrader.com or 1 (888) 407-1611.

#339     Oct 29, 2018
  10. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

What is the difference between a Funded Account and the Premium Funded Account ?

#340     Oct 30, 2018
    VPhantom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.