topsteptrader combine for Oraclewizard77

Discussion in 'Journals' started by oraclewizard77, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

I got started in 1988, and I've been aware of them for over a decade.
    You'd have to ask him.

I almost didn't post/ask this for fear of it coming across the wrong way.

But you do know you just burned up one of the only 10 trading days you get, right? And on less than a full day at that.

#41     Jul 8, 2013
  2. I inquired about Austinp: I believe he is journaling as well. I am fairly sure he is creating a separate journal for this as to not confuse or muddy the waters with two traders on the same journal.

mp

#42     Jul 8, 2013

3. Why aren't you posting screenshots of the metrics? They should be up by now.

#43     Jul 8, 2013
  4. cornix

cornix

Sorry for not answering soon, I was sleeping already (time zone issues :D ).

I have never used multiple targets (actually almost always just manually exit profitable trades @ MKT), but I believe to enable multiple targets in SC you should open Trade Window for chart or DOM and use the "Targets" tab to set attached orders.

Make sure though, that CTS supports them and not just SC.

I personally use CTS DOM for order entry, because all orders are full server-side then and not just held in the platform. So in case of Internet connection drop I'm still safe with a stop-loss sitting on their servers.

#44     Jul 8, 2013
  5. Is that the case? Can only trade 10 days?

[​IMG]

#45     Jul 8, 2013
  6. 1) You have to trade a minimum of 10 days with a potential maximum of ~21 to ~23. :)
    2) In order to trade beyond 10 days, you have to be in "good standing" and not have violated any guidelines. Think of it as a type of "call option" where you have to remain "in the money" to extend your "expiration day" in order to "exercise" the option. :cool:

#46     Jul 8, 2013
  7. I actually got this to work with a built in trade on DOM. However, my new issue is that I can't find a Price Action indicator for Sierra Charts like I use in NT. I want to just use Sierra Charts, so I was able to recreate all of my indicators for the most part except this one. Price Action will create the HH, LH, LL, and HL for you on NT. So I will send Sierra Chart another e-mail.

I may have to just manually label the chart and also draw my lines before taking any trades.

#47     Jul 9, 2013
  8. It's a very decent piece of software.

#48     Jul 9, 2013
  9. cornix

cornix

As for indicators I'm not much of help, cause basically don't use them.

#49     Jul 9, 2013
  10. cornix

cornix

Neither Surf has heard of CTS as he admitted before in my journal, despite it's a great futures/future options platform known to many professionals.

#50     Jul 9, 2013