topsteptrader combine for Oraclewizard77

Discussion in 'Journals' started by oraclewizard77, Jul 3, 2013.

1. cornix

cornix

Yea, in "Trade" menu check "Chart Trade Mode On" and choose "Open Trade Window for Chart". All parameters like attached orders and similar stuff can be tuned from there.

Myself I trade from CTS DOM though and use SC just for charting. CTS DOM is a great tool for the fastest order entry/modification IMO.

#31     Jul 8, 2013
  2. cornix

cornix

Global Settings -> Graphics Settings should help you. :)

#32     Jul 8, 2013
  3. Oracle, you need to spend some serious time on the simulator prior to going live on the combine. It sounds like you havent' a clue yet-- don't waste your "live" days learning how to use the platform---- why not use what you are use to using? I would avoid the obscure products such as Sierra etc--- Use what you have been using unless markets are just fantasy to you. surf

#33     Jul 8, 2013
  4. SC documentation is very comprehensive and I've never had the patience to look through it for what I want.

Fastest way for me is to use Google, my query for example "sierra charts change chart colour" gives me a link to the exact page as well as any related stuff on the support forum.

#34     Jul 8, 2013
  5. #35     Jul 8, 2013
  6. Ok,

Changed background and made some trades. Called them. They did not receive trades.

Unchecked trade simulator mode under Trade menu. Made more trades. Called them back, they received trades. I am up 5 ticks for the day.

Only issue now is how to set an order bracket so I can do 1 trade with 2 - 3 targets and have stop move up. May not be able to make any more live trades for the day.

I am using Ninja Trader to read the chart and placing orders into Sierra Charts.

#36     Jul 8, 2013
  7. Sent Cornix a PM asking how in the DOM to set multiple targets and have stop move up to BE for some orders.

Hopefully, on Tue I will have everything setup correctly to trade more and earlier.

#37     Jul 8, 2013
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

While it does seem like he's in a bit of a hurry to pull the trigger, Sierra Charts is hardly an "obscure" product. Assuming of course you've been around the markets more than just a few months.

#38     Jul 8, 2013

9. I have been involved with the markets since 1990-- I have never heard of Sierra Charts ====other than on this site--- looks like some kind of low end competitor to free qoute tracker? open source stuff maybe??

Regardless, why wouldn't the guy use his own platform for charting? Why switch to something he doesnt' know anything about?

#39     Jul 8, 2013
  10. Down just 17 ticks for the day, but was just using 1 contract trades. Going to work on automation.

#40     Jul 8, 2013