topsteptrader combine for Oraclewizard77

Discussion in 'Journals' started by oraclewizard77, Jul 3, 2013.

1. If I use all 5 contracts per trade, I will need to stop after 1 losing trade, and may stop after 1 winning trade.

#11     Jul 3, 2013
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

Have you paid already? If not, you should have the 2 weeks practice account. If you paid already then you had to put in the starting date, so I assume you haven't paid.

For a little extra (I think $30) you can have a practice account parallel with your Combine. It is not a bad idea for killing time and not pulling the trigger on smaller possibility trades. Or you could go to the CTS website and sign up there for a practice account, using a different computer. The possibilities are limitless. :)

Also make sure you understand and follow all the rules. Lots of people can't get a redo or pass the Combine because they don't exactly follow all the rules. If you have other questions, just ask...

#12     Jul 3, 2013
  3. They said I could do the complimentary combine if I create this journal and post in it like I have been doing now.

I just e-mailed them and asked if I could start July 8 with CL futures.

#13     Jul 3, 2013
  4. Oraclewizard- Very cool of you doing the journal thread. We have had others do this with their blog or on a forum and they learn a ton from themselves and others while doing it publicly. It helps to see things or hear things from others you may never have known which is so key in developing and moving down the field as a trader.

My advice is "slow and steady"... Stay patient. Wait for your trade setups to align. Know what the market state is for the day and if it aligns with your plan/strategy. (pretty much everything you probably already know)

Lastly, the Combine is meant for traders to develop, create or hone their strategy, regain their confidence, all without risking trading capital but still having that similar feel you would have when trading your own capital. The icing on the cake is the opportunity of funding but ultimately the Combine was developed to first develop then discover a trader.

Rain or shine we need more traders like you to share with others what's going on in your head day by day.

Trade well,

mp

#14     Jul 3, 2013
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Stating the obvious here but trading the CL contract a 5 lot means $50 a tick or only 20 ticks for $1,000. (don't forget to include commissions) I have no idea what time frame you watch but the current ATR on a 5 min bar is over 20 ticks.

I don't mean to sound like I'm telling what to do cause I'm not. But you only need to net an average 35 CL ticks a day to meet the profit goal.

#15     Jul 3, 2013
  6. likewise, best wishes to oracle and everyone else thru the program :)

The biggest challenge I face with combine attempts is remaining focused thru the entire stretch knowing it is "sim" and not actual cash at that moment in time. Holding oneself accountable even with the idea that there might be (might not be, either) acceptance for funding status is a constant challenge.

So with that said, if you are looking for one more person to demo the program process in person, I'd be willing to journal a 10-day combine in here. Would trade ES only, journal would include premarket observations, daily trade results and other trader - trading thoughts. $50k size would be fine, $100k preferred but really doesn't matter overall.

I'd say holding my proverbial feet to the fire in public here would be a true motivation to trade it like real cash, every day for ten days. If interested I'd be willing to start Mon 7/08 and see where the dust settles ten sessions later :)

#16     Jul 3, 2013
  7. Austinp- good chatting with you again... If you are interested, Victoria our communications coordinator, works with those interested in doing this on their own blog or within their trading community, wherever that may be. Connect with her and let her know you talked to me. Here is her contact: victoria@topsteptrader.com.

mp

#17     Jul 3, 2013
  8. also "size down" when you first start trading to get a feel for the day and ensure you are seeing things well. Once you build up a cushion for the day and you want to trade bigger than you have room for mistakes. Just my 2 and a half cents. :)

mp

#18     Jul 3, 2013
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

That has been my experience, absolutely.

#19     Jul 3, 2013
  10. If Austin is starting the same date as me, then maybe if he agrees, admin can change the name of this journal to topsteptrader combine for Oraclewizard77 and AustinP so we can both post in the same journal.

#20     Jul 3, 2013