topsteptrader combine for Oraclewizard77

Discussion in 'Journals' started by oraclewizard77, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Step 1

Installing Sierra Charts (Completed)

Step 2

Connecting to datafeed. (Working on this now with CTS)

2. Once step 2 is completed, I will be trading the $ 50,000 10 day combine.

3. Wow GL, but I'd imagine this is a one week journal before the obligatory blowout.

4. Pekelo

Pekelo

When are you going to start exactly? I hope on Monday. If this week, you already lost 2 possible trading days, because depending on when one starts, the 10 days Combine can be 20-23 days.

Hint: Don't start on a Friday or just right before a national holiday...

Otherwise good luck...

Edit: To correct myself, if you start tomorrow, you are still not losing any possible trading day...

5. I believe I can not go under $ 1,000 draw down for a day, and not $ 2,000 total account draw down for entire trading period. So as long as this does not occur, I will do the entire 10 days.

Other thoughts, I will be using CL and allowed 5 contracts, so I need to decide how many contracts to actually trade with and still be able to take a loss on a single trade. This will be based on stop loss after trade entry.

6. Thanks,

I want to do just 10 days straight not including weekends. I will wait till after the Juily 4th holiday. Other issue is that I don't think I will be able to get a practice day, so I may just do 1 contract at start to make sure I don't make a stupid mistake.

7. Ok, since this is very strict I will want to limit the type of trade setups I will be using.

8. Pekelo

Pekelo

That is OK, but since you are allowed to trade more days, there is no point in not taking advantage of that rule, if you are lacking profits or the stats need to be fixed. That's what the extra days are for...

I strongly advice to practice with the platform for at least 2 days, you will be making costly mistakes if you are unfamiliar with it.

9. Trade setups thoughts. The following are ones I have taken before that worked on CL These are names for now.

1) 45 with trend

2) Gold with bounce

3) Cross where either shorts or longs are trapped.

Trades I will not be taking.

1) Breakouts. (Need greater stop loss for this to work when they work)

2) Chasing.

3) Averaging into a losing trade.

Indicator:

Only using 1 as secondary confirmation.

10. I will take a day to practice if they give me a data connection with an account that I can trade. But if this account is the one recording my trades for the combine then no practice.

#10     Jul 3, 2013