TopstepTrader and Patak Trading Partners- Easy to read QUESTIONS and ANSWERS

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by MichaelPatak, Sep 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Yes, I know it is disclosed but what I'm trying to find out is when is such disclosed....before registration or after registration for the combine ???

Therefore, I will assume that when you said its all disclosed, such occurs before one registers before the combine.

Ain't that the truth. Trading itself will expose any mental weakness someone has. I've done my share of playing the blame game early in my trading career...wake up the next day and I still saw me. To be a good trader, it will always point back to oneself.

#341     Aug 25, 2013
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

It's disclosed "before" but to be fair, like a lot of stuff on their site, it's somewhat ambiguous. I agree and I've said this before, it would serve them better to write stuff out as if they were talking to a 5 year old. They often use broad language that can be interpreted many different ways. I think that should be in bigger print. And it might even help if they spent some time showing guys how that process works. I know when Michael does the live Q&A's he does address that stuff but many people don't see those. It's all there.

#342     Aug 25, 2013
  3. volente_00

volente_00

Where is this disclosed on the website ?

And if what you are saying is true then what the hell is the point of misleading combine participants ?

#343     Aug 25, 2013
  4. The first thing that comes to mind after reading your post is OUCH!

The second thing is EXCELLENT post.

The third thing TRUTH.

#344     Aug 25, 2013
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

1. Ask Mav, he is the TST "expert". In the Combine you can trade overnight, junior live traders can only start at 7 am. (there may be some exceptions) Probably because they are being monitored, and who wants to monitor someone 2 am Chicago time?* :)

2. Exactly my point.

*unless they actually want their traders to make money

#345     Aug 25, 2013
  6. You made a remark that if some guys just followed that ACD thing instead of the usual bravado..swing for fences..far more success would be the outcome..if memory serves me correct.

I could not agree more.

I myself have said trading success as any success comes from excessive hard work...I do not think 95% of the et guys are willing to spend the time to "see" things that inevitability comes from 24/7 work.

#346     Aug 25, 2013
  7. my ltp had a profit target of $1500 I made $3000 :)

#347     Aug 25, 2013
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

You don't get bonus cookies for overshooting the sim target, but congrats. I like your trading style. So how do you feel personally that your style is perfect for piggybacking and they might make extra money using your signals?? (you don't care, pisses you off, would like to get more profitshare, etc.)

#348     Aug 26, 2013
  9. Is anyone making any money trading with tst are they making more than a paycheck? How many of their coached funded traders are pulling down 100 thousand or more a year? These are the questions that should be asked instead of the rules of the game. Looks to me that if their coached funded traders are successful then this would be a group you'd want to be with and if they aren't then you wouldn't want to be with them.

#349     Aug 26, 2013
  10. the thought of them piggybacking me has occurred to me but Patak is the only game in town for a poor boy like me plus I've been on a cold streak recently anyway :(

#350     Aug 26, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.