TopStep Trading - summary please....

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by syswizard, Mar 13, 2019.

1. I know there have been posts on this firm in the past....but can someone just quickly summarize their offering and the meaning of "Combines" ?
    I am aware of their sim trading "test" platform, but I already have a great trading platform. ..linked to Interactive Brokers.
    Do I need to enter orders in both platforms then ? How does that work ?
    I'm trading ES/NQ Eminis. Would like to move up to 10 lots from my current 1-3 lot limit.

2. Turveyd

Turveyd

Just grow your account! Imho don't waste your time, odds on qualifying too low, a lot of rules to pass, might negatively affect your trading, don't risk it.

apdxyk, traderob and Pekelo like this.
  3. SPYgrain

SPYgrain

They are a marketing firm...their offering is the idea of a funded acct..
    What they market as "funded" accts are 1099'd..do your research..there is a journal entry near the top which delineates matters of concern fairly well...
    After experiencing the combine for a few months and paying attention to their marketing/information provided, doing my own research, I concluded their spin on the business (product they're selling) does not hold water ..

apdxyk and traderob like this.
  4. Thanks guys...that's the feedback I was looking for. I thought for a second, "hey, this is a legit prop firm".
    Now I don't think that really exists.
    I'm looking for $30k so I can add to my current IB account and trade 10 lots in ES. I guess it's best to go with some cloud funding website....LOL.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  5. traderob

traderob

Not a prop firm. Their money comes from the fees to join.
    With some suckers repeatedly paying.

6. Turveyd

Turveyd

Good to see I'm not alone in thinking this, millions of desperate wanna be trading blowing $100 per month, soon adds up.

traderob likes this.
  7. That's a reasonable fee, no ? Or were you joking ?

8. Turveyd

Turveyd

It's not big enough that anyone would care, but with enough people trying I'd bet they make more off that than there trading side.

Very few people being truely profitable, could also be why no body appears to be trading via them, so tricky.

9. Hey @syswizard,
    Pass our Challenge and we'll hook you up to trade ES... If you want to check out our partner's website also (www.positive.ie) - Pro trading floors in Dublin and Split. We've only properly launched the Challenge offering. Support the TT platform. Performance-based Challenge - the better you can profit under the Challenge Risk rule conditions, the better the live account profit share, scaling potential and initial max downside.
    Thanks,
    David

10. Overnight

Overnight

You want $30K to trade 10 lots of ES? Yer nutso.

https://www.cmegroup.com/trading/eq...aringCode=ES&sector=EQUITY+INDEX&exchange=CME

#10     Apr 5, 2019