TopStep Combine- Starting 10/29

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by FCXoptions, Oct 26, 2012.

1. I haven't read this thread from the beginning but do yourself a favor just don't mention anything about price action. Say it was luck, tea leaves, darts you get the idea, you know something reasonable, if you mention something outlandish like price action you will be hounded for your heresey.

Great job.

#41     Oct 30, 2012
  2. Haha I partially did the combine to show price action works to the naysayers. That was about 1% of my reason why. The other 99% reason was to hopefully get myself going with futures. I'm 20 and undercapitalized so I thought it was worth a shot. I do not have high hopes of getting funded but it would be great if so. I won't get my hopes up though. Just going to take it day by day and stick to the plan.

#42     Oct 30, 2012
  3. NoDoji

NoDoji

It seems like you're implying that these are different methods :confused:

#43     Oct 30, 2012
  4. That was funny.

#44     Oct 30, 2012
  5. Not a good day today! I am going into work late, I stayed home to watch my son while my wife was at school, I should not have traded! But I did, and I didnt have a great setup either in hindsight. But I placed the order and got a really bad fill, I set my stop loss and walked away. Came back to find my position was doubled. I set my stop loss wrong in a hurry. Needless to say I took a big hit on that one.

I am almost back to square one after today! Still up overall, but a bad day for sure.

#45     Oct 31, 2012
  6. so far the TST - Ninja pairing offer has been an epic fail. Monday was locked out. Today connections grayed out, stranded working orders and won't connect at this time.

Meanwhile, zen-fire thru Mirus streams flawlessly so that ain't the problem.

Very disappointed in the process with NT platform so far.

#46     Oct 31, 2012
  7. NoDoji

NoDoji

Even without the distraction of a baby (who just learned to walk and probably has no idea why Dad wants to sit and stare at molecules), today's price action is not friendly to inexperienced traders. There is no trend, just a wide range with wide range bars in the 5-min time frame around a flat 20EMA. Once you learn how to trade this price environment and gain experience with it, these may end up being some of your best days, but the tactics for taking advantage of it are advanced.

#47     Oct 31, 2012
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

What do you think of T4?

#48     Oct 31, 2012
  9. ?? Best day of the year tradeing cl.

#49     Oct 31, 2012
  10. NoDoji

NoDoji

That would be the day of the 4 pt drop, I believe :D

#50     Oct 31, 2012