TopStep Combine- Starting 10/29

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by FCXoptions, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Good luck trading CL with a 500. daily loss, better off doing NQ IMO. CL moves too much for a 500 loss limit but if you prove me wrong, good on you!

#11     Oct 27, 2012
  2. I will only be trading one contract at a time, so hopefully that max daily loss won't get me but we will see

#12     Oct 27, 2012

3. No question--- it could be a great "at home" career supplement or total income depending on your goals/ desires.

The folks who reject the free capital simply don't make sense.

surf

#13     Oct 27, 2012
  4. NoDoji

NoDoji

Oh, yes, I remember him enrolling at my school at the start of the semester.

Well, he's not only skipped nearly every class, but he's yet to turn in a single completed homework assignment.

He then signed up for this combine while I was on break for a couple days. Once it's over, minimum two weeks detention!

:D

#14     Oct 27, 2012
  5. Which mobile platform? For ninja or T4? I was thinking about signing up myself since most of what I do is longer term it will give me something else to focus on. The fact that you have 60 days to complete 20 days of trading should make this feat pretty simple. I've screwed around on Collective2 a few times and met these standards easily. Only problem is once you get subscribers they are a pain in the ass. Last year I created "serial profiling" and I had 6 or 8 idiots actually subscribe once I got bored with it I went long coffee and let it tank 30k:D

If you pass this combine thing how big of an account do you get to trade? And what are their expectations of you? What if I only trade 3 days a week? I guess I should be asking the guy I've been dealing with there but I'm sure I'll get a quick response on here.

#15     Oct 27, 2012
  6. Haha I know I have had very poor attendance lately that is for sure!!

And I will do better I promise, 2-3 weeks and we should be moved into the house...and I finally will have some free time on the weekends and after work! But I will go ahead and serve my detention :(

#16     Oct 27, 2012
  7. Ask whoever you have been speaking with and they can give you more details, but I am using the T4 mobile platform. I picked the 30k 10 day account. So I have a month to trade 10 days total. The max loss is $500 and you have to make a $1500 profit in those 10 days and have more winning days than losers I believe.

But if you pass the combine you get funded with whatever amount the account size you are trading for the combine. So if you do the 30k and pass you get funded with 30k and the same with all the different combines up to 150k.

#17     Oct 27, 2012
  8. Well stated. Although I've read and agree with the posts who claim you can get a better rates on commissions and keep 100% with your own retail account, what one must take into consideration if you're new to futures and pass the combine, there is NO MONTHLY COST to have the live account (if you're on the T4 and use your own charts).

The only "at risk" capital is when you're building the profit cushion. If one manages to get to that level then it's wise to request a distribution and have zero risk on the table.

#18     Oct 28, 2012
  9. Thanks.

But there is no reason why one couldn't trade side by side with their own account. However, anyone who leaves more than the bare minimum in a futures account will never learn.

#19     Oct 28, 2012
  10. NoDoji

NoDoji

New to futures, new to technical price action trading, new to this combine platform, new dad, works full time, taking college classes, decides to trade oil with a 50-tick loss limit...thank goodness he's too young to purchase liquor in his home state or I'd be a bit concerned :p

#20     Oct 28, 2012