TopGun Software

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by smalltrader35, Apr 19, 2005.

1. LOL Hennie you are too much. You win. Btw as per your other post, I replied to a customers email (like I did yours too) and asked him to post his comments of our software. His own words. I personally like what he said to me better than his post. He trades the Russell 2K. I feel I am entitled to let our customers defend us. Most of them are not members on Elite Trader and thus his first post. Believe or not believe, feel free to PM him, I'm sure he will even talk to anybody who doesn't believe he's a user. He's in a different area code than I am in so pretty hard to fake that.

-------

As good as done my friend.....I will re-rip his rip. Today using
    Chandeliers and a few other goodies we are up 13 pts. on the AB....but more importantly we are running 92% correct.

Steve

#51     Apr 26, 2005

2. Wow, it takes a big man to admit he was wrong like that (especially on an internet message board, where its easier to start a flame war.)

Not that it matters, but that gained you back all the respect and more in my eyes.

Good luck.

#52     Apr 26, 2005
  3. Just curious to hear from people whom are using top gun software, how is it going?

I have watched the videos on the website, and typically vendors always put their best foot forward, so I am optimistically skeptical, if that makes sense, LOL.

I am interested in it, but it is a bit of a commitment for me to take the 1 week trial, as I would have to sign up for E signal or IQ it appears.

I really like the statistical aspect of the software. It appears to be much more specific in terms of providing info as oppossed to just using ADD for NYSE and NASDAQ.

Look forward to hearing any feedback on Top Gun Software. Best of Trading to everyone.

Dan

#53     May 7, 2006
  4. I really like the filters they have. They have some very useful tools. Their proprietary indicators arent that useful for me at least. (Perhaps I am not incorporating them correctly.) But the staff seems pretty good for customer service, but sometimes assume you are a programmer when dealing with technical support. (they seem to get frustuated when you dont understand computer jargon when dealing with an issue.)

But overall definitely give them a shot. One of the better platforms out there IMO.

#54     May 7, 2006
  5. Thank you for your quick reply. If ok to ask, are you trading e minis with Top Gun? I ask, because that is what I am looking to do? What filters, proprietary indicators are you referring to? Thanks again in advance.

Dan

#55     May 7, 2006
  6. No. I am using the price and volume % filters, along with 52 weak high and low filters to find a variety of stocks (about 50 a day).

Then I load them into a tradestation algorithim which I am trying to get perfected to alert me to certain technical setups centered around decreased volatility.

#56     May 7, 2006

7. Thank you for the reply.

Dan

#57     May 7, 2006
  8. You know I was reading all of your posts as I was doing research on trading platforms and brokers etc. I think as a trader who never used a neural system or black box before I would find now that technology has changed that you may as I am considering the use of a sound system as an additional tool. Now whether you think Chris's diplomacy is correct with regards to customers, The guys may have put allot of work and trial into their product. I think if someone slammed me online with out foundation I would be a bit disgruntled as well.

Bottom line Traders is that you must have your fundamental technical dues paid in the art of technical analysis. You have your disciplines and your own trading styles in place. The use of a TopGun or what ever is only going to give you ideas and in most cases if you are good it may just reinforce your own decisions when pulling the trigger. These are tools I remember drawing charts on graph paper look how far we have come. I am going to give it a try along with other things but my first and foremost decision when making that trade will be based off of my trading criteria. Good Luck all.

#58     Jul 26, 2007