TopGun Software

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by smalltrader35, Apr 19, 2005.

1. This is my last post on this subject. I got an email from you at 9:52 and you posted on Elite at 9:47. I replied back about an hour later, sorry I do trade for a living. If having to wait one hour for support is poor support then try calling your phone company or ISP if you have issues. :) Puts things in perspective.

Yes the problem was ours. In recent changes we made to our user and trial signup database. He signed up for a trial that expired and our new database code didn't modify that record but instead started a new one. So when he logged in he got an unauthorized user response since the trial had expired. We were putting in auto updating into our software and our user database is obviously a part of that and became broken. Stuff happens, we found the issue and fixed it for him. Then instead of posting and saying we fixed his issue he ripped us again by saying we treated him like a dumbass. LOL, if this wasn't so aggravating it would be funny. I appreciate again all the reasonable people in this forum for standing up for us and our high level of support / quality of product.

#41     Apr 26, 2005
  2. Ditch

Ditch

Wow, this is really over the line. The message you just posted was the second e-mail I send you that day. It all fits together, first call at 9.20, email and IM around 9.30, no response than posting at ET at 9.47, informing you at 9.52. You just don't want to get it.

#42     Apr 26, 2005
  3. We all learn as long as we live, so don't beat yourself over this too much, just incorporate appropriate changes and things should be better...

#43     Apr 26, 2005
  4. When are you going to integrate your software with the IB datafeed? Is this in the works? Any concrete deadlines?

#44     Apr 26, 2005
  5. I'm glad this is over. This is just a huge waste of time for us all and complete source of negative energy. I'm sorry that you got so upset and felt the need to try to hurt our company publicly after not even giving us one hour to respond. I wish you well in your trading endeavors and hope that life brings more happiness your way.

I guess I should thank you as your post has had over 20 people go signup for our trial today.

#45     Apr 26, 2005
  6. I have been watching this recent discussion about TG software and the subject of "customer service". I have in my file cabinet somewhere around 12 to 18 hotshot programs, all of which promised the Holy Grail or close to it. Most of them have NO real live person phone number and those that do send to a forum to get help. Along comes TG....funny its run by guys who TRADE everyday...what a cool concept. So I buy it, test it and now my trading has improved substantially. But here's the good stuff....TG calls back, TG listens to my comments and TG runs...just like they say it does! Indicators that work and are found NO WHERE else!

#46     Apr 26, 2005
  7. Our stock scanning for example automatically shows you the results on up to 20 charts. You setup the scan, then the results show up on the charts when they happen in real time. You can then click on the symbol or the chart to put it into the order execution tool that is fully integrated and BAM you own/short the stock. Time is money and having to click on each symbol as it comes up, then type the symbol into your order entry window takes time and you will miss more opportunities that way.

Time is money and having to click on each symbol as it comes up, then type the symbol into your order entry window takes time and you will miss more opportunities that way.

This is so true. When do you think your software will be intergrated with other broker platforms apart from the brokers currently listed on your website?

#47     Apr 26, 2005
  8. I will tell you our development schedule. Integration to IB is important but some of the tools we are going to add first will immediately make us and our traders more money immediately and thats where we plan to focus first.

We are integrating a complete auto exit system into our order execution. It will allow users to setup exits anyway they wish for stocks. You can have multiple scale out levels, trailing stops and save each exit and you can select from them based on the type of trading day. If its clearly a trend day in the markets its usually more profitable to simply let our intelligent trailing stops get you out. On choppy days I personally plan to use our ATR stop and exit with a 1X profit on half the position, move stop to breakeven and exit 1/2 of remaining position at 2X stop and let trailing stop get me out on last 1/4 of position. I tend to be a scalper and ALWAYS exit trades way too soon. On most days I have found if I used the above exit I'd make 2X to 3X more money. It's nearly impossible to trade 10+ stocks and manage them all but a computer can do this easily and move the stop as each new bar forms.

After we complete this (1.5 to 2 months), which will benefit everyone trading with us or RML Trading (they recently signed up to use our execution and charting software), we plan to automate our trading systems for entries. I love breakouts of first 3 or 5 min bar high/low with 150 to 200% volume but by the time I see them on charts and click to enter order the stocks are often 30 cents away. Having a computer enter these manually will greatly improve this systems profits. I firmly believe the real source of large profits trading is in the exit and having the auto exit system described above take small losses and let winners run will be amazing.

After we finish with these two projects we plan to either do the IB integration or start development on a swing traders, investors software. So to answer your question it will be at least 4 months before we have IB integration and could be as long as a year. Many people have asked us to integrate with IB and most want us to use their data so they don't have to pay for eSignal or DTN. That's not possible as many of our most advanced features use LOTS of historical data. For example our statistical range tool can show you the 5, 15, 30, hourly, etc average high low for each bar of the day. We typically use 20 days of data to come up with this. Our volume market profile tool uses historical tick data to show where all the trades/volume went off on the chart. IB couldn't handle our data requests!

We have a deal with Golden Beneficial Securities and can get much better rates than IB offers for stocks. For futures you can use our execution tool with any futures firm that supports PATS J-Trader. It is very advanced and has its own programming language where you can automate your trading and has many scale in, scale out and OCO orders that you can setup in templates.

#48     Apr 26, 2005
  9. Ditch

Ditch

Judging from your reaction I did pretty well. Now go see a shrink.

#49     Apr 26, 2005
  10. Ditch

Ditch

Hilarious, how dumb do you think people are?

#50     Apr 26, 2005