TopGun Software

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by smalltrader35, Apr 19, 2005.

1. nkhoi

nkhoi

before I posted I carefully installed it on the second PC and got then same result but whoever read this please try the software out my case might be unique as I am the only second person having installing problem.

#31     Apr 26, 2005
  2. Ditto, in a service industry, ESPECIALLY IN A SERVICE INDUSTRY, a customer is right even when he/she is wrong...

Having this out in public can only do harm IMHO

#32     Apr 26, 2005
  3. So what you are saying is you feel it is OK to rip a company publicly when you try to reach them before their office opens?

We make the majority of our money trading, its why we developed our own software in the first place. We have tools that nobody else has and we do because we trade and our research leads us to develop revolutionary tools. I spend sometimes hours with new traders helping them to integrate our tools with their style of trading. If I didn't care about our traders and helping people I wouldn't be so upset about this BS. Our level of support is higher than you will find anyplace else. Do you think Trade Station will teach users how to trade with their software?

When he called back I put my personal opinions aside and helped him and fixed the issue. I didn't treat him like a dumbass, I simply asked him all the questions on our trouble shooting list. Some users know how to use a computer but many do not. It's not insulting to ask questions in order to discover what the problem is so we can fix it. Luckily for us most users are very thankful for our level of support and caring. If the majority of users were this rude we'd simply decide to not sell the software and continue our current efforts at automating our trading strategies.

#33     Apr 26, 2005
  4. r-in

r-in

In reference to Ditch, while he/she has a right to post, I have often found its posts to be adversarial most of the time, and will take what is posted with a grain of salt.

#34     Apr 26, 2005
  5. NKNY

NKNY

IMO a couple of hours to respond to a support request doesn't seem like a long time. It would be horrible coming from your broker while your stuck in positions going against you but from a software co i think it's pretty good. I know I have waited day's for support at some places that will remain nameless :p

Actually, if you really analyze topguns response you will realize that he's not some "professional Sales Snake" with that annoying "diplomatic" attitude. To me he seems like a trader who happens to be emotionally attached to his product. And if you think about it... this may actually be a good thing Since it indicates he really believes in his product.

I haven't tried the software yet but his response has boosted my confidence that it may actually be useful. I would love to hear from traders who have had the program up and running for a while and are past the learning curve. Anyone here...

Nick

#35     Apr 26, 2005
  6. Hi,

Your software looks way ahead of anything out there today. Don't let some asshole's get to you on this board. There are allot of snakes floating around this board using alias names and always run down any trader of software that produces a good system. I have gotten a few pm's from traders here who had nothing but good to say about your software so keep up the good work. I will have a trial within the next month or so. What part of the US time zone are you in EST?

Before I go. E-Signals Tick, Ticki, Prem don't seem to update to the second neither do DTN IQ. Could you program these indicators to update to the second? Do you do any sort of private programming for clients? Would you charge by the hour or project for this?

Once again keep up the good work.

#36     Apr 26, 2005
  7. That's not OK, but the way you treated this guy makes you look like a jackass in spades.

I run a portfolio of businesses and would never dream of saying to one of my customers in a public forum that he's full of BS.

Here's the plan for next time (so you don't look like a jerk):
    1)Call him back, apologize even if it wasn't your fault and explain what happened and why he was incorrect.

2)Post on the board that there has obviously been a misunderstanding and the problem has been resolved. Not "YOU ARE FULL OF BS."

3) Ask him to request a moderator remove the thread.

Professionalism! All right!

There you go bagging on the guy again! You just don't get it, do you?

#37     Apr 26, 2005
  8. Thanks to all those who have stood up for us and for reason and truth. I agree

To answer your question we have already put in real time ticks of all of the major sectors, S&P, Nasdaq, Dow and even Russell 2000 (leads futures by 3 to 6 seconds). To find our real time ticks open up our new balance point tool and click Draw Ticks. This tool only works real time and the result is in percentage. If on a weighted basis 80% of the stocks are upticking we plot it at 80%. It's a great divergent tool and far superior to the $TICK since it has thousands of symbols that are not in the S&P. We also weight stocks like MSFT and GE more than lower stocks and this has improved this indicators usefulness.

As for real time Premium, many people aren't aware that this is actually a futures contract and eSignal does have real time values for this. The symbol in eSignal is EPREM A0 (number zero).

To get the daily buy/sell program levels you can check both these excellent sites.

<a href="http://www.programtrading.com/buysell.htm">http://www.programtrading.com/buysell.htm</a>

<a href="http://www.indexarb.com/?referrer=c4">http://www.indexarb.com/?referrer=c4</a>

#38     Apr 26, 2005
  9. Ditch

Ditch

For the last time I will state the facts. I called your office at 9.20 ET, your office is supposed to open at 9.00 ET, so your argument that I didn't factor in the appropriate business hours doesn't hold up. After not getting through on the phone I send you an e-mail and an IM, to which you failed to respond till I posted on ET. Furthermore, in your reactions so far you fail to acknowledge that the malfunction of TGS was completely due to a fault on your side, there was an error in your database. From the reactions on this board it's pretty clear that ripping a customer publicly doesn't do your business much good. The one that is griping all the time is you, and once again, stick to the facts, I haven't logged on every day since my subscription. You will receive my cancellation in due time.

#39     Apr 26, 2005
  10. You know chopper you are right, I SHOULD have handled it that way. I'm usually a very laid back calm person but he really angered me and I posted without thinking. Maybe I should learn to be more diplomatic. Its easy for others to say the customer is always right when its not you that is publicly getting ripped on in public unreasonably. He may or may not have called as he didn't leave a voice mail telling us of his problem. He definitely never IMed us and he emailed us at 9:52, 5 mins after posting publicly that our service 'isn't top notch."

9:52am
    -------------

Hello Chris,

I just posted this message this on ET:

"One thing that certainly isn't top notch is their support. After having forked over the subscription of $150/month I can't log on, phone support is not available, support through Yahoo Messenger (get real!) doesn't answer and an e-mail got answered with "we will contact you in a couple of hours". Great job!"

No need to say I'm pretty pissed off. Thanks.

Hennie

---------

I replied back at 10:56, I was trading and didn't check email till then, and then came online to see if he really posted this. I was suprised that he did indeed rip us publicly before even giving us time to respond to his issue. And the phone support comment he said was a lie as he called during business hours and I helped him. I think its fair and reasonable to complain about bad service but only AFTER giving the company a chance to respond in a reasonable period of time. Posting about bad service BEFORE you even email the company first is wrong.

I am sure that has NEVER happened to you with your companies. It's easy to be diplomatic when you and your firm are not being unfairly degraded in public. That's all I'm saying.

I DO get your point and hopefully will have learned from this experience. I do admit me posting was not professional but I'm human and was angry and was standing up for myself, my company and a product I personally feel is 100X better than anything else out there.

Many of the features of our software are simple but ONLY a trader would ever think of them. Our stock scanning for example automatically shows you the results on up to 20 charts. You setup the scan, then the results show up on the charts when they happen in real time. You can then click on the symbol or the chart to put it into the order execution tool that is fully integrated and BAM you own/short the stock. Time is money and having to click on each symbol as it comes up, then type the symbol into your order entry window takes time and you will miss more opportunities that way. Real time trading and our user feedback is why our software is better than anything else out there. Another example is seeing on the chart what the world's largest traders are doing and whether they are buying or selling. You can for example see what 10,000+ trades are doing or in the eminis 100+ contracts. Simple idea but as far as I know nobody else has it in their software. That tool alone is all you need to make money trading. Institutions move the market and if you trade with them, overall you should be profitable.

#40     Apr 26, 2005