TopGun Software

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by smalltrader35, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Any members of elite using this software? Looks like they have some really useful tools for trading. How do members of elite think the data feeds from E-Signal or DTN IQ would efffect the performance of this product? Traders are constantly giving out about the lagging feed from E-Signal. Any current insight into this product would be helpful.

Thank you

2. anybody any info?

3. Which is the web site?

4. hjay23

hjay23

Yes,

TopGun software started a journal here in January.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/searc...d=750655&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

They posted live video of stock trading and demoed some of their features in the charting software and real-time scanner.

I've been using the software for awhile now. Some of the new tools they have are really something else. There is now a tool which analyzes the stocks that makeup the entire Russell 2000 and shows which way the futures should trade.

I was hoping he would come back and do some more of that video recorded trading, especially the emini. :p

HJay

5. Yes,

TopGun software started a journal here in January.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/searc...rder=descending

They posted live video of stock trading and demoed some of their features in the charting software and real-time scanner.

I've been using the software for awhile now. Some of the new tools they have are really something else. There is now a tool which analyzes the stocks that makeup the entire Russell 2000 and shows which way the futures should trade.

I was hoping he would come back and do some more of that video recorded trading, especially the emini.

HJay

Thanks for the reply.

Has your trading results improved on the Eminis since you started using this software? What feed are you using E-Signal or DTN IQ? Have you experienced any problems with the software due to any lag in your data vendor?

6. hjay23

hjay23

Results have definitely improved since using the software. Although, I presently do not trade equities so I cannot take full advantage of the Serious Scanning feature the software has to offer.

Their charting, atleast to me, is top notch.
    And I've really started to hone in on Volume Analysis since I started using it.

Concerning feed, i'll respond to PM

7. mfhboy

mfhboy

Does it work well with index futures. Could you show us how you actually use this trading software:p

8. Ditch

Ditch

One thing that certainly isn't top notch is their support. After having forked over the subscription of $150/month I can't log on, phone support is not available, support through Yahoo Messenger (get real!) doesn't answer and an e-mail got answered with "we will contact you in a couple of hours". Great job!:mad:

9. How long have you had this problem, just today or have you experienced this before? What has been your own experience to datewith the software apart from the poor customer service. I sent an email Monday with no responce but other previous emails were answered.

10. Ditch

Ditch

I subscribed today, if it wasn't so aggrevating it would be funny that you're giving me a reaction before they do. So far I'm getting an awkward feeling about this company, when I called them I had to mention my name before getting connected to an answering system, how can you be serious about customer support when you throw up a barrier like that? Also, their instruction videos on their website aren't working.

#10     Apr 20, 2005