Top Trader

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by jayjay100, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Good information! Thanks again. Everything you uncovered confirms what I was feeling about this company after getting off the phone with the salesperson. They are so high pressure and the way they talk to you like it's just a friendly conversation to help you reach your goals, all the while picking up bits of info to help them jam the program down your throat.

I told the guy on the phone that I am not an impulse buyer and that I would not buy anything that night. This is because I know that salespeople with something iffy to sell try very hard to get you to sign on in the heat of the moment. They have your emotions and greed all worked up into a frenzy. I know enough about sales to know that!

After the call, I started doing my research, and really started thinking about the call - realized all the info I had given him that I shouldn't have and connected the dots to the whole cost thing. He given me a 'price range' of $10,000 to $20,000! Can you imagine! I don't know what the difference was from the bottom of the range to the top, but I knew exactly where the $20K came from - me!

Anyway, I called back and left him a voice mail stating that I wasn't interested and my reasons - concerns about the company etc. He called back last night - I had my husband take the call - he is much better at blowing people like that off than I am! He was persistent and called me back today at work. When I saw the number on my caller ID, I wasn't going to answer, but I decided to.

He was clearly irritated that I questioned the integrity of his company. Tried to tie the company to John Najarian of all people! I'm sure John and Pete would love to know that their names are being invoked by a company like that! Anyway, I ended up having to hang up on him - he just won't let it go. I hope this experience helps others!

#11     Sep 12, 2007
  2. human151

human151

I took the top trader mentoring program. I loved it. The instructor was very knowledgeable and would take time to answer questions. I do not know why everyone else had a negative experience, but I liked it and learned a lot and I may take the mentoring program again one day.

You get out what you put in. My class had about 12 people in it. Not over crowded. Everyone was alaways able to ask questions. And once your courses are done, you can watch them over again because they are recorded and placed on their website and accessible by students for one year.

Yeah sales men are a holes. but the same goes for all salesmen. Anyone ever bought a car?? HOW MUCH bs WAS SHOVELED YOUR WAY? I cant stand salesmen.

and no I do not work or am in no way associated with the company.

#12     Apr 17, 2009
  3. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Everyone's milage will vary I suppose. I wouldnt trust any company out of Salt Lake City offering mentoring on anything myself. There is an entire cottage industry there, a lot of companies, that offer "Coaching" and in most cases your coach is a guy who makes $10 to $15 an hour to go over a script with you. He's probably spent 100 hours or so in training, but he/she has never actually done what they are teaching you to do.

The closers are very well paid, up to 50% of the base amount, and up to 75% of anything they can get over that amount.

What do I mean by this: Very similar to what the posters said about they guy trying to figure out how much he could spend.

Lets say the company says this package has to be at least $5000. Ok great. So if he gets $5000 then his company is going to get $1500 to $2500 and he will probably 1/4 to 1/3 of that. However, lets say he has a real hot prospect on the line he figures he can get $12,000. Well in that case there is $7000 in excess. They will still get the 30% to 50% on the first 5K, of which he will get 1/3 to 1/2...however on the excess they will probably get 50% to 80%...of which he probably gets 1/2.
    So he goes from pocketing probably $500 to pocketing about $3000.
    Tell em your broke.
    Brandon

#13     Apr 17, 2009
  4. human151

human151

Brandon, I agree.

Salesmen are b lood sucking leeches. And I understand how everyone is skeptical of this program. I cant vouch for everyones experience. I can only speak of mine. I enjoyed my course and learned lots.

Would I say im an expert trader? no. But I was not going into the course thinking that I was going to come out an expert. TBH, I knew nothing about the market, stocks, options, futures, or anything, I gained a great deal 0of knowledge from the classes. the top trader course material they give you is good. Plus you can call into a conference call twice a week with other people and talk about trades, you yell out a ticker and they discuss it.

I dont know why they are out of Utah. Maybe they get some tax breaks there or something.

#14     Apr 17, 2009
  5. srn

srn

I am very sad and reluctant to say that I was duped and talked into the top trader program. This is my first post on this site, as I am trying to find out if I have any legal action against Top trader and/ or Premier Mentoring. The amount that I spent on the training recieved was an ungodly amount (I won't even say) and looking back I was definately taken, hook line and sinker. The salesperson(s) know for sure how to work people and are very slick at what they do. For a novice investor like myself, I wanted the silver bullet, the one program to show me all the answers....well, this was a very expensive lesson learned.

I really do feel that it was my fault for falling for the sales tactics, but is there anything that can be done to try and get money back? At least show Top Trader for what it is, overpriced and very misleading? I can find the EXACT info I was shown on free webinars or sites like options express or thinkorswim. Even thinking back on the decision I made to join makes me sick to my stomach...knowing that money could have been used for many things far better. Any help, if any, is apreciated.

#15     Jun 15, 2009