top trader/fund mngr tired of bs-whats the best real prop firm

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by truetrend, Sep 4, 2003.

1. If you are looking for a prop firm for futures I think the best place to look is probably a Chicago firm especially if you have a track record. You can probably get a lot lower rates thru a firm there then you get at most FCMs who hand out retail rates. Some of the firms would probably want you in their office until they trust you but a big part is probably talking to the right person at the firms to work out a fair deal for everyone. You should have an adantage if you have a verifiable track record. If you get in touch with the right person many different kinds of deals can be worked out. You might want to call Spike, Gelber, maybe GHCO, Altea, ect. IT really depends on the split you are looking for and the terms of the deal you are looking for.

#31     Sep 4, 2003
  2. You are correct. Are you nuts, NEVER trade your own money. Your own money should be in Savings bonds, or Gold Bullion.

Trade with OPM only.

#32     Sep 4, 2003
  3. Mecro

Mecro

Ok something is totally not right here.

This thread is turning out to be more of trendtrader bragging about how great he is instead of what he is exactly looking for.

To be honest, if you are such a great trader and are so experienced, you would not even have to start this thread. There is a list of prop shops/retail shops right under the brokers on the top in the green bar. Just look up the names, check out the websites (yes you might have to use Yahoo here and there). See what each firm has to offer and match it up with exactly what you want.

If I was the supertrader that you describe yourself to be, that is exactly what I would have done. No need to start a thread, you are supposedely experienced enough to be able to just check out the shop and find out if it is exactly what you need.

I mean, I still do not know exactly what you trade and what sizes and what style. Seems like Eminis.

Just think it's funny how he is bragging about himself every other post.

And you should never trade your own money.

#33     Sep 4, 2003
  4. Breakout,

I have them so I may as well keep them alive, but I meant it more as a figure of speech. I do trade stocks and options still, but probably only 5% of my trades

tt

ps nice signoff message

#34     Sep 4, 2003

5. Yea, that's what I figured, and why I deleted my earlier post.

I had my 7 once, but just let it go. I got tired of paying the
    yearly renewel fee, since I wasn't using it.

The trend is our friend! :D

#35     Sep 4, 2003
  6. Any of these props offer a salary?

Greentree offers a prop deal where you pay "their costs". Any idea what this is? If they are acting as a middleman for other b/ds might this be higher than the lowest bright/echo/assent deals?

#36     Sep 5, 2003
  7. esc trader,

could you be more specific on the terms of the greentree deal you posted about?

tx

#37     Sep 5, 2003