Top Ten Reasons Recession Will Last "Forever"

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, Aug 24, 2009.

1. ..............................................................................

To live under govt. threat everyday....and to furthermore have hard earned money wasted and garnered by those that game the system.....has to end....

A 10/5 C tax basically RE-ESTABLISHES AMERICA....

Because at the moment....

AMERICA IS NOT AMERICA....

#31     Aug 24, 2009
  2. S2007S

S2007S

I thought my long 10 year "L" shaped recovery prediction was long enough......

#32     Aug 24, 2009
  3. Over on Kitco, of all places, I found this:

http://www.kitco.com/ind/nadler/aug242009.html

Selah.

#33     Aug 24, 2009
  4. I don't know what's more scary - that you were browsing that lunatic site, or that an article with insight was actually posted there!

#34     Aug 24, 2009
  5. I trade GDX, so I go there all the time. From what I see around here, I might be the only sane person who trades the above and visits Kitco.
    Or maybe I'm crazy and they're all sane?

#35     Aug 24, 2009
  6. Pardon me sir, but this is shaping up to be worse than 1981 or the 1970s. We were a creditor nation in those days. What is going to bring us out this time?

#36     Aug 24, 2009
  7. See above. I already said I don't really know when asked this question once. I guessed a bit. But this isn't a planned economy. No one can tell you the real answer to that question. Anyone who thinks they can is a liar.
    Ditto to anyone who thinks this is the last gasp of the American economy.

#37     Aug 24, 2009
  8. the1

the1

Dr. Z, I don't think you understand the purpose of what BLSH posts. Yes, if he were short (or not long) then he lost money/missed profits because of his views but at no time have I ever seen him post something that read, "go short because of this." He just posts information and shares his thoughts and views. He sounds highly educated to me and what he offers has tremendous value, but not from a trading standpoint.

#38     Aug 24, 2009
  9. Mercor

Mercor

You know, Green jobs, windmills...just like in history..
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Quixote

#39     Aug 24, 2009
  10. Right. I agree - Obama's talk of "new jobs" and "green jobs" has been misleading at best, and manipulatively hyperbolic at worst.

By the way, I still firmly believe we are headed lower on economic activity than the wost levels of last year and March, and that equity indexes will follow. We already have, as of today, new warnings of fresh bank losses in very significant amounts, and overseas, we now have evidence governments such as Germany's are holding back negative economic data intentionally until after this year's elections there.

I've never recalled so much plain view government deception and manipulation on all things economic.

Any objective review of the most important economic data paints a very grim prospect for the road ahead.

#40     Aug 24, 2009