Top prop trading firms

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by dfa, Feb 21, 2008.

1. First New York Securities is one of the best with one of the best training programs.

Don

#41     Jul 15, 2008
  2. Gogic27

Gogic27

Thanks Don

Just had a look on their website - is this a company where you are not salaried and instead split trading profits with the house? If it is, are there any firms out there with a salary + bonus structure?? Thx

#42     Jul 15, 2008
  3. Surdo

Surdo

FNYS pays you a salary while you train. Once you get cut off the leash, you split profit with the house, every trader has a different deal, as there are different pools of capital.

Why not worry about being profitable and learning how to trade first?

#43     Jul 15, 2008
  4. Gogic27

Gogic27

I hear you. Reason I asked was that I previously worked at MacFutures in Sydney and they had a similar set up. Training was per described above i.e. book reading and thereafter the profit split and desk fees were incredibly restrictive. Just strikes me that there must be firms out there who offer a salary + bonus incentive programme, and if there arent then theres a niche to be exploited....

#44     Jul 15, 2008
  5. MMK

MMK Guest

Any prop guys know what/where Ollie Jones? If so, please let me know.

MMK

#45     Jul 21, 2008
  6. Can someone give some guesses at top tier firm statistics such as:

- survival rate for new hires from college recruiting (I hear most places weed out unsuccessful hires within 6 months)
    - profitability of Traders - what % are making mid 6 figures, what % are just eeking by, etc
    - salary during training period

I'm a programmer finishing an investment strategy MBA this Spring and I'll be giving these kinds of shops a lot of attention. Any pointers would also be welcome.

#46     Aug 6, 2008
  7. I've been hearing about Vine Street... Any news on these guys? Did Teza (Misha) launch their firm?

Plus...

RenTech is practically a Prop. firm now...
    QuantLab is also...
    Citadel...
    GSAM...
    JPAM...

My point is... IB and HF are cruising with their internal prop. putting thier 1st Tier resources for their prop. division, and 2nd Tier for the OPM...

#47     Nov 25, 2009
  8. #48     Nov 26, 2009
  9. di1836

di1836

anyone know anything about this place? anyone have experience with them?

#49     Feb 23, 2010
  10. No, Teza died when Sergey was charged.

#50     Feb 23, 2010