Top prop trading firms

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by dfa, Feb 21, 2008.

1. rosy2

rosy2

60k is for someone stright from school.

dont forget ronin.

#21     May 16, 2008
  2. if you don't make "X" amount you are let go not going to get into the details but they expect a lot. It is a lot more than 60K a year, think in terms of a month not year. There is no reason to trade futures at a big firm with all that leverage if you can not make a lot of money. People who can lose 100K in a day have made that in a day and make hundreds of thousands of month it is called risk control.

#22     May 16, 2008
  3. I work at one of the top prop firms here across the pond, and seeing guys pull down a few hundred grand a month is a regular sight...I am just not one of those guys yet. And I am sure where invertedcurve works at is no difference.

#23     May 16, 2008
  4. flipit123

flipit123

I trade fully backed at an equities only prop house in Chicago. There are plenty of guys here trading plain stocks (no options, SSF, arb, etc) that are allowed to swing 50k-100k+ daily. Of course not everyone is even close to that type of size, but there are definitely guys swinging that big outside of the futures prop firms.

What types of payout deals do discretionary (non-quant/computer decision) futures props offer?

#24     May 16, 2008
  5. Diego11

Diego11

No one mentioned bright?

Or do you refer to prop as trading the firms capital and receiving a salary not the actual trading profit?

I am interested in Dimension and Cago seem like trustworhty.

There are more prop firms than I thought..

But none offers more thant 20to1 leverage on less than 5k..

If you know a firm that offer more than 20to1 on less than 5k share your knowledge.. It just might come back to you... = )

#25     May 19, 2008
  6. mugsb

mugsb

Hello,

Does anyone have any opinions regarding the staff that supports these trading firms (i.e. financial analysts, reporting analysts, etc). I find the prop trading firms very interesting, but would be more interested in a financial support role, vs that of a trading role. Any thoughts? Thank you.

#26     Jun 24, 2008
  7. Can you program? I know Wolve has a relatively small trading staff and something like 70+ tech guys that write and support their programs.

#27     Jun 24, 2008
  8. sgett

sgett

does anyone know of or work for Lynx Capital on 57th St?

#28     Jun 26, 2008
  9. mugsb

mugsb

nope, no programming for me. i am strictly a financial/reporting analyst-type. i assume some of these prop trading firms have roles such as these to support daily P&L analysis, etc...?

#29     Jun 26, 2008
  10. dr_sean

dr_sean

they definitely have plenty of representation on the CBOE floor I'm sure there's a good staff of traders back in the office too...

#30     Jun 26, 2008