Top prop trading firms

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by dfa, Feb 21, 2008.

1. NazSpaz

NazSpaz

Am I missing something here? When I hear prop I think three places, Bright, Echo, & Assent. Am I reading what he is asking wrong?

#11     May 16, 2008
  2. we are talking about apples and oranges here, there are thousands of "prop" firms who trade equities this post is about primarily prop firms in Chicago who are unique in the fact that they trade futures/cash/options. This is unique really to chicago with the major futures exchanges. you trade and get a percentage of what you make which goes up the more you make. At my firm for example they are guys who make 5K a day and some guys make 50K a day, some guys have 300K days and some guys lose 80K in a day all of that depends on your size and what you have made and shown what you can handle and do. hope that clears it up for all of you out there.

P.S. Brokertech (now ICAP) and ESPEED (now BGC) are the two cash trading companies who people use to execute cash trades. Find out the firms who have "treasury arbitrage" groups and that will tell you who the "big boys" are.

#12     May 16, 2008
  3. NazSpaz

NazSpaz

Those are much bigger swings than I take, what's a typical starting deposit with a firm like yours? Are these firms all the real job type or do they bring in traders with capital? Not looking, just curious how those operate, many names I have not heard of.

#13     May 16, 2008
  4. NO DEPOSIT we trade the firm's money (proprietary) so we are a prop firm and get paid by how well we do if we don't do well then we are let go.

#14     May 16, 2008
  5. PCC75

PCC75

i'm a guy who's looking... i get the sense you're content with where you're at... have you been there for a while?

#15     May 16, 2008
  6. NazSpaz

NazSpaz

Goctha... The real job props with the fun interview questions. With my stage in life I only look at the props that take anyone with $10K and a heartbeat.

#16     May 16, 2008
  7. NJ1000

NJ1000

Invertedcurve, where do u trade if u dont mind me asking?

#17     May 16, 2008
  8. one of the "big boys"

#18     May 16, 2008
  9. For clarification, very likely there are guys at Inverted Curve's big boy firm that are making a relatively non-existent living from their trading (just as there are guys there that are making a good living)

I'd be more curious to know the percentage of the guys at your firm (to your knowledge) that are netting over 60k per year after commissions and split. Having a 100k up day means next to nothing if the next day is a 100k loss. Right or wrong?

#19     May 16, 2008
  10. super6

super6

i think if he is working at one of the big boys, then it's safe to say that anyone who has worked long enough to show skill is making 60k+ relatively easily. The places mentioned in tier 1 all pay a good salary and bonus structure is similar to a BB. Almost all of them are secretive about their recruiting, especially at getco, which is probably doing the best out of all the tier 1's.

#20     May 16, 2008