Top programmers still in Eastern Europe..

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Copernicus, Nov 22, 2005.

1. Thats the Olympic spirit !

#11     Nov 23, 2005
  2. Wow! I didn't know you could use the "O" word without paying the IOC some money :D

#12     Nov 23, 2005
  3. The best programmers?
    Who cares?
    Do you need them?

You only need programmers to write a virus with a one line code: "I deserve".

You can do it yourself.
    Then
    You need to hack into your mind and have that virus deeply implanted into
    the trading part of the grey matter (if you have any!) between your ears
    and let it loose.

Try it and you will be amazed how good a programmer you are.
    You will be rewarding yourself because you deserve.
    :D

Forget about my suggestion if you want automation. Automation is 'good' for lazy traders who do not respect the 'gift' offered by the market and can't find any fun in money making.
    :eek:

#13     Nov 23, 2005
  4. cakulev

cakulev

So true. I used to participate in math an physics contest in high school some 15-20 years ago. Kids from Eastern Europe were having vastly superior results. So following Copernicus' logic, US science was lagging in the late 1980s ...:D

#14     Nov 23, 2005
  5. When I was in graduate School in the late 80's I routinely worked with students from other countries - most notably India and China - that would often tell me that nearly all of the content for a science bachelors degree was studied by them in high school and that the typical first year to two years of graduate school was what they studied for their bachelors degree.

However I made up for all this by studying far beyond the requirements for my classes and was ahead of most of them. So, i think the lesson is that things are as I said - no one locale has a monopoly in talent and the US is still doing just fine and will continue to prosper - provided it does not decide to offshore nearly all its non-defense R&D capacity: this is a real threat and is the current trend.

#15     Nov 23, 2005

6. US science never lagged and never will. top scientists will continue coming here to have their reserach funded.

#16     Nov 23, 2005
  7. i doubt these are the brightest kids talking strictly from an intellect standpoint.

#17     Nov 23, 2005
  8. Well, yes and no. I know many extremely brilliant kids that when confronted with the realities of working in science or engineering went into law or medicine. Programming ? Its the last choice of anyone with any type of drive to figure out how things work - although there are frontiers in automation and computing that are interesting but this is not programming. programming is but one tool in solving problems or implementing problem solutions.

The idea that any one profession has a monopoly on talent is a myth promulgated by people that are seeking talent for their own ends. This is also an idea promoted by academics - its marketing and truly smart people see right through it ....

#18     Nov 23, 2005
  9. Talking about 'TOP' programmers:
    the truth is that over the (short) history of computing, almost nobody seems to have been ever able to spot early on a real break-through contribution by a "programmer".

Idle talk from a wise guy about TOP programmers makes about as much sense as chatting about MIT or Caltech scientists, cause he obviously doesn't have the faintest idea of what he is talking about.

nononsense

#19     Nov 23, 2005
  10. Bob111

Bob111

the winner is the guy,who make more money(just like in any other business-trading for example). average US programmer make more than russian and polish geniuses combined.

#20     Nov 23, 2005