Top of Today march 24

Discussion in 'Trading' started by riskfreetrading, Mar 24, 2008.

1. R U trading live or just paper trading? I am using live bullets. I am now a little up. We will see what the rest of day will bring.

#11     Mar 24, 2008
  2. S2007S

S2007S

no its not a paper trade....

#12     Mar 24, 2008
  3. Is TWM short or long the russell? If it is short the russel, you and I are on the same side.

#13     Mar 24, 2008
  4. Swordman: How are you doing? Are you still buying?

#14     Mar 24, 2008
  5. I scalp both ways, I am not long. Just answering your question about whether 12:27 was the top or not and I answered I didnt think it was and we went a bit higher.

#15     Mar 24, 2008
  6. DennisR

DennisR

i just went short too. (well long Vix calls technically). Dow doesn't seem to want to break out much above 12600. Been hovering there for a couple hours now. Now that i'm short I'm sure it will surge over. lol.

#16     Mar 24, 2008
  7. Dennis:

Indeed the market is taking its time to decide. I am watching IWM. I find the volume low. So it is risky for both bulls and bears. But I think for a day already up a lot, and a low volume, if I am to be involved I would go short. That is what I did. (Also, I went short selling in the money IWM calls).

I am surprised that I did not see many bulls arguing in this thread, but the market is going higher today. That worries me. Usually when there are many of them, I feel good as that would mean it is most likely I am right (contrarian thing).

#17     Mar 24, 2008
  8. In a matter of minutes, 10M shares changed hands for IWM at around $70.15. Far higher than all trades that have been made so far by the small traders. Watch out.

#18     Mar 24, 2008
  9. empee

empee

I'm going to short but waiting for dow 12800 area i think your way early (well depending on your time frame). Good luck.

Im scalping from the long side till that level

#19     Mar 24, 2008
  10. DennisR

DennisR

12800 was my original short entry too but 500 or so up points made me step in a little sooner. I just want to scalp a little retrace. I'm actually in the money already. The at the money vix options have insane swings. I'm not too worried that we wont see the 27 or above level before april expiration. I'll step in a little deeper if we see 12800. Good luck everyone.
    dennis

#20     Mar 24, 2008