Top Neurosurgeon Athiest: Heaven And God Exist

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by pspr, Oct 9, 2012.

1. So the doc was comatose due to an infection of the brain and had an incredibly vivid dream. But it wasn't a dream because his soul was temporarily liberated from his body. Even though this occurred while his brain was under severe assault, he is certain his conscious mind does not rest within his brain.

He is relying on an experience he had while his brain was barely functioning
    as his revelation. I should ask some people who were shot in the head if they saw God in the moments after the shooting.

#21     Oct 10, 2012
  2. rcn10ec

rcn10ec

Why do you think that is BA?
    I mean...what's your opinion concerning the reason both sides do what you say they do (believers) or don't do (non-believers)?

#22     Oct 10, 2012
  3. The reason believers try to convert others is because that is what they are taught to do from early childhood.

#23     Oct 10, 2012
  4. rcn10ec

rcn10ec

For some maybe. As far as myself, I didn't become a believer till my early thirty's.
    There's a couple of main reasons true believers share their belief: (you say force)
    It's not really about trying to prove who's right. Although, that's what it ends up being a lot of times.
    Yeah, I know... this is gonna sound "churchy".
    Reason 1) As far as Christians... since we accept Christ as Lord, He said for us to go tell everyone about His gospel (good news)/ plan of salvation/ way to get God's forgiveness/ how to get to Heaven/...etc, etc. (See Matthew 28:19, 20)
    What you do with the info---your choice to accept/reject. We just tell you about it.
    Reason 2) If you truly accept Christ as Lord you also believe in Heaven and Hell.
    If you really care about the people you know or come in contact with then, naturally, you desire that they know what Christ done for all mankind to make sure they go to Heaven.
    Like I said before... whether you accept or reject Christ---always your choice.

#24     Oct 10, 2012
  5. stu

stu

It's not the beliefs themselves, religious or whatever. Beliefs are two a penny. Beliefs which incorporate threats, direct or implied as you've made above, whether they are shared or taught, amount to the same thing.

There is bound to be reaction in the face of such failures in human reasoning as you and the OP have presented. Some are quite reasonably going to feel compelled to respond as they have throughout history, if for nothing else but a broader concern for humanity.

#25     Oct 10, 2012
  6. There's the third option. He's completely irrelevant, not to be considered for acceptance or rejection.

#26     Oct 10, 2012
  7. #27     Oct 12, 2012
  8. pspr

pspr

Because the near-death experience and its corresponding out-of-body experience can be induced using drugs, many scientists conclude incorrectly from this that such mystical experiences can be reduced solely to brain chemistry.

http://near-death.com/experiences/paranormal12.html

#28     Oct 12, 2012
  9. stu

stu

#29     Oct 12, 2012
  10. LEAPup

LEAPup

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters..."

I BELIEVE.

#30     Oct 12, 2012