Top IRS official will invoke the 5th amendment

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., May 21, 2013.

1. Incredibly stupid statement. The gun control 'debate' was directly based on the 2nd Amendment. This case has NOTHING to do with the 5th, no one is saying she can't exercise her right. They're saying by doing so, she is raising suspicion not alleviating it, especially considering the IRS has already admitted to wrongdoing. If you didn't rub one out to obama every night you would understand the difference.

#31     May 22, 2013
  2. It's only because I'm a lucky fucker that I haven't gotten one myself.

#32     May 22, 2013

3. Bombing of the marine barracks on Ronnys watch

13 embassies attacked on bushs watch

#33     May 22, 2013
  4. pspr

pspr

Lois Lerner:

<font size=6 color=red>I</font>

<font size=6 color=red>R</font>efuse to

<font size=6 color=red>S</font>peak

#34     May 22, 2013
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

That reminds me of that night.

While being booked the officer starts chatting me up. Inquiring as to whether that evening was just one of those things so to speak. At this point I figured my goose was cooked so being honest wouldn't hurt. So I admitted I had been drinking and driving for years.

The officer asks: "how'd you manage to avoid getting caught for so long"?
    I thought for a second then replied: "just lucky I guess".

He saw the irony and got a chuckle out of it.

#35     May 22, 2013
  6. Ricter

Ricter

"Bunch of fucking scumbags..."

The downside to pleading the 5th, for anyone.

#36     May 22, 2013
  7. 1) I doubt anyone expects her to admit her own guilt, but the IRS already apologized for wrongdoing so her pleading the 5th is like pouring gas on fire. She is a public servant and even obama agreed that what they did was wrong (publicly anyway) so her not cooperating with Congress is a scumbag move. We can only elect Congress, if bureaucrats feel they don't have to answer to them, or really don't, it just reinforces the position that this govt is out of control.

2) You would only plead the 5th because you don't want to say something that could get you into legal trouble. So it is an automatic assumption that you are hiding something. That may not be the case but it's a reason to investigate.

Anyway the point was this isn't about the 5th Amendment, but the actions of the IRS, unlike the attack on the 2nd Amendment. Which is why Ak's attempt to point out some kind of hypocrisy, was DUMB.

#37     May 22, 2013
  8. This is irrelevant, the main reason someone pleads the 5th is to reduce the chance of criminal prosecution. If there is a chance she could go to jail then it would be stupid for her to testify. I wouldn't fall on my sword for the IRS either.

EDIT: Sorry piggy I just repeated about what you said, we're in agreement.

#38     May 22, 2013
  9. Sorry about your wife.. otherwise i would clown on you right now. :)

#39     May 22, 2013
  10. Most of my partying years I was younger and I worked on the fire department and back then unless you were a total ass you could get a break. I was pulled over quite a few times after a night of partying but they always let me drive on, never even got a warning. Once a buddy and I were coming home from the titty bar and a state trooper pulled us over, my buddy was lit and failed the road side test and the trooper asked if I'd been drinking and I told him yes then he asked if I was in good enough shape to drive again I said yes and told me to drive and off we went and this happened after I got off the fire department. Like I said I've been lucky.

#40     May 22, 2013