Top Gun Software

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by The Rake, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Peabo

Peabo

Hi JP,

Yes I am still a happy customer with Top Gun Software. It is the center of my trading stategy.

It makes money for me almost every day. The days I don't make money, it is because of me breaking my trading rules, nothing to do with the software. I have found even with the finest tools (TG being one of them), if you don't have the correct discipline, you can still lose money.

I had a rough December, so I have been working on my skills and disciplines lately.

I found TopGun Software through my broker MB Trading and they work together perfectly.

TopGun requires either an eSignal or DTN.IQ data feed, of which I have the DTN.IQ version.

You can get a free trial of the software along with a trial version of either of the data feeds. After using it, you too may be amazed on how awesome this product is (my opinion of course).

I know I come off as a paid cheerleader, but I gladly pay the $360 quarter fee for this software!

Peaboq

#31     Mar 8, 2007
  2. jppirk

jppirk

PB:

Thats okay, it seems like no matter who says what here, there is always someone to grumble about it. It's a grumbling class.

Anyway, I was impressed by the demo. The trick is the training is not good. It also looks like they work with you if you trade forex but thats it. Thus, if you work in the indexes or equities, you must train yourself. Agree with this, or not?

Seems like they could make some money with this product if they made the effort but arent going to.

#32     Mar 8, 2007
  3. Peabo

Peabo

Hi JP,

I only trade stocks (not indexes, futures or forex).

I haven't received any formal training on the software, but I am only leasing it. If you purchase the software ($2,000) you receive training, but I don't know how deep it goes.

I have read the manual they have, plus watched the online videos. Since I use it everyday, I am comfortable with it.

You are correct, that TGS is more aligned with the forex market. I honestly don't know enough about forex yet to switch over from equities (if I ever do). I know there is alot more training available if you use their software for the forex.

I do worry that someday they may sunset the equities version of their software and only do forex (just a worry, no facts to back this up).

I know they have a small operation (maybe just 2 people) but what they have produced is amazing in my opinion. I just hope they stay in the business!

Peaboq

#33     Mar 8, 2007