Top Gun Software

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by The Rake, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Humpy

Humpy

This thread has been dawdling along for over 1 1/2 years now without coming to any firm conclusions as to whether this software is any good.
    Some vendors are willing to post results - delayed by 1 day which proves their worth.
    I have sent an email to top gun to see if they are willing to do the same. If not - well we can all draw the obvious and probably correct conclusion !!

#21     Oct 13, 2006
  2. Humpy

Humpy

Well that's quite impressive for a software company. They have acknowledged my e-mail and will respond .........
    I will let you know when it comes.

#22     Oct 13, 2006
  3. I had been planning on a trial a few months back, but I felt it would just muddy the waters and distract me. It looks impressive, but they don't have any recent videos on futures trading. Chris said they now focus on forex which I don't care for. Their statistical high and low along with net buying and selling looks impressive. I sure would like to see some recent evidence their product works for e-minis.

#23     Oct 13, 2006
  4. Humpy

Humpy

errr no response as yet.
    Like the name but that aint going to pay our bills - just theirs.
    Ho hum

#24     Oct 14, 2006
  5. $150 a month with RSI one of the "advanced" indicators!

Would want to be worth it it... can get neoticker for $90 a month!!

I really would like to hear from someone using this software...

#25     Oct 14, 2006
  6. reg

reg

Looks good on paper but falls way short when in actual use.
    I cancelled my subscription since I found it totally useless and did not add to my bottom line at all.

#26     Oct 14, 2006
  7. Humpy

Humpy

The response from TG

We may consider doing this in the future but we do have a free trial that most
    people signup for. I personally trade the forex now and no longer trade the
    futures.

Just get an esignal trial and then download our free trial, you will see in 5
    minutes its 100X better than any other futures platform. We're the only ones
    that analyze the stocks to predict the futures and only ones who show you statistically
    how much buying/selling the world's biggest traders are doing.

Chris Donnell

I hope they wont mind me, giving them a bit of free advertising. Make of it what you will..................?

#27     Oct 16, 2006
  8. Peabo

Peabo

Hi All,

I have been a paying customer (after using their free trial) since August.

I also have been using their software every trading day since then, and it has paid for itself many times over.

I only buy and sell equities, so I can't comment on options/futures/forex.

In particular, I use one of their proprietary hot lists (Above PT Zone) which shows stocks currently above their VWAP. I filter this list (the software makes it easy) based on my personal needs and it generates stocks to buy at that moment.

This method has allowed me to make money consistently week to week, so I wouldn't change for anything. On the days I lost money, it was due to my money management issues, and not the stock recommendations!

I use DTN.IQ as the datafeed ($51 a month), but the TopGunSoftware will also work with eSignal. I think TopGunSoftware prefers the eSignal datafeed, but eSignal is twice the cost and the eSignal trial performed no better than DTN.IQ trial.

Plus, I found the eSignal salesman arrogant and the DTN.IQ salesman friendly. This makes a difference to whom I give my money to!

Oh yeah, one more thing. TopGunSoftware's charts integrate perfectly with my broker, MB Trading.

I hope these comments helped.

Peabo

#28     Oct 17, 2006
  9. pplee

pplee

Where can I download this soft? Thanks

#29     Oct 20, 2006
  10. jppirk

jppirk

Still at it with TG?

#30     Mar 7, 2007