Top five regrets of the dying

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by bigarrow, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Brass

Brass

Good thread, bigarrow. It gives some much needed pause.

#11     Feb 2, 2012
  2. McLoota

McLoota

anything positive you'd do?

#12     Feb 2, 2012
  3. And apropos of ET, "I'm so close, I wish I had just one more day to find the Holy Grail of daytrading."

#13     Feb 2, 2012
  4. BryantR

BryantR

I feel the same in some ways. I guess now that we see the issue, what can we do (are we going to do) to change it?

#14     Feb 2, 2012
  5. Sorry man, after I posted that I knew I shouldn't have.
    But this thread isn't about the after life it's about the now life.

#15     Feb 2, 2012
  6. The proper response to the accusation of cheap humor was "Expensive humor is wasted on ET."

#16     Feb 2, 2012
  7. KDASFTG

KDASFTG

Greetings BA,

Excellent words, ...and big thanks! I have added this post to my Trading Journal for this day.

In the days before I left my secure high paying job in industry, there were some other "words of wisdom" that used to haunt me daily. At the time, I wanted more from my life then just a title and good paycheck. I wanted to be my own man, with a life of my own design. The words were one of my favorites and a constant daily reminder at the time. Today, living a life of my own design, for most times good, sometimes bad, for come what may, the words no longer haunt me, they now provide an "internal" sense of comfort in trying times.

In addition, I have them posted on my trading room wall, they are:

"It is far better for a man to go wrong in freedom, than to go right in chains".

Thanks again,

KDASFTG

#17     Feb 2, 2012
  8. I've never been accused of anything but cheap humor... hence here I am.

#18     Feb 2, 2012
  9. Then I thank you for giving me my money's worth. A great initial post, BTW. No offense intended, but the Five Regrets simply prove that the men of the world have become irretrievably pussified since my de-generation misbegat them. Weak-willed and swimming in female self-pity.

#19     Feb 2, 2012
  10. I enjoyed reading this. Thanks for posting it.

I retired in 2005 and have tried to tell people some of these points but many will not listen. They are too caught up in the mad race that is our society.

One had a heart attack and suddenly caught on to what I was telling him. He told me before that he wanted to work until he died. That has now changed 100%. I think he said that because he didn't know what else to do and had never really taken the time and solitude to figure out what path he was on.

I have watched some die (over time) and am convinced that the way we die is also a choice at some level. I hope those young and bullet-proof will catch on before it is them who say these things to a future nurse.

That said - Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die!

#20     Feb 2, 2012