Top 50 Trading Cities

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Don Bright, Jun 18, 2007.

1. C2cadwell

C2cadwell

I like it in Vegas. The Professional traders I know love it here.

If you can't stand the heat ....

because its HOT here!

#41     Jul 8, 2007
  2. Gr8Veto

Gr8Veto

HOW exactly is "putting money in left and right...required by Dubai gov"? What are you trading in Dubai..? And what are your overall thoughts about living there..? I've heard mixed reviews... on the life that is. Seems that pretty much all the traders feel there are better places to be...

#42     Jul 13, 2007
  3. Gr8Veto

Gr8Veto

What's really good in Dubai..? Anyone here trading there..?

#43     Jul 13, 2007
  4. Honestly I don't understand the hype about Dubai, seriously. Yeah the taxes, but it's the freakin desert! Same for Vegas, no thanks. No offense Don, but I don't like sand and I don't like extreme heat. I went to Vegas plenty of times, and the scenery, other than Red Rock Canyon, well there is no scenery. I live in Denver now, it's pretty good time zone to trade the e minis, but it might be nice to be back closer to the ocean. Either get up early and trade and go to the beach in So Cal or get up late and trade on the Atlantic side.

#44     Jul 13, 2007
  5. Gr8Veto

Gr8Veto

Pardon me I meant, what's really good in SAO PAULO... besides chicks that look like Adriana Lima..? Any traders out there please speak up...

#45     Jul 13, 2007
  6. just21

just21

Range bars, as in the charting format, were invented in sao paolo.

#46     Jul 13, 2007
  7. Want to imagine what is heat like in summer?

Girls use Umbrella when outdoor during summer. Drop raw eggs on pavement, it will deep fry.

If you enjoy indoor lifestyle and luxury living, dubai can be a nice place to live.

#47     Jul 13, 2007
  8. hell hole.

Moved from Nashville to LA in the last week. stopped off in Vegas for 3 nights.

My God why would anyone in their right mind live in that hell hole ?? I am sorry I loved the visit but 3 days was defiinitely enough. There is NO shade or anything and the scenery is soooo boring.

You live in NC in TN for awhile and see if you would ever want to live in a shithole like Vegas.

LA so far has been pretty cool. I like Burbank and at least there are a few more trees here. And the heat is so much less than vegas.

Anyone who thinks Vegas is a great place to live probably has NOT lived anywhere else on Earth.

Just be careful when you walk around that corner near the Stratosphere. You just might bump into Satan himself.
    Seriously people, its really Hell on earth. :eek:

JMHO

#48     Jul 13, 2007
  9. My high school friend was a bell boy at the Hotel Paris when it opened. 40k a year in tips, no kidding, but sometimes they passed out in their wool uniforms in August when it was 118F.

I grew up in OC, CA and pretty stayed out of LA, but here are a couple of suggestions. Check out the Griffith Observatory and the laser light show ( pretty neat ). Also the Getty Museum in West LA , is real nice grounds to go visit. The Pacific Ocean is definitely cooler than the East Coast, but mid August it's about 72F. Go to Venice too and check out the freak show on the boardwalk, just leave before night, major gang banger scene, the freaks really come out at night. :D

#49     Jul 13, 2007
  10. Chicago.....
    ...not so bad winters? That must be the global warming.... :)
    true I have not been there for a while (I lived there in the early 90's). I can say that I liked much of it but I had my ex-wife there too and my head was perhaps just messed up. I've spent a lot of time, either drinking coffee in the CBOT lunchroom, and drinking numerous shots at the bar. Not a good way to approach trading and life.....
    The summers, spring, fall were nice enough.....
    One other aspects I could never stomach was the ghettos in town, in the west (CA), where things are relatively new enough, you cannot see poverty and crime entrenched in the rate of Chicago's (with the exception - parts of LA). And I imagine the ghettos did not get better only worse...)

#50     Aug 6, 2007