Top 4 traits of a successful trader.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Grantx, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Grantx

Grantx

I'm over the negativity of why traders fail.
    Here is a brief list of why I believe you can be successful.

1. You have failed many times and been utterly broken and scraped the barrel of despair. But you are still here and committed to succeeding. You believe in yourself.

2. You have figured out all the little self sabotaging tricks of the mind. They still occur but they no longer have any effect. Your determination was galvanised after scraping that barrel and you are now mentally stronger as a result.

3. You have tried every trading technique. You have been down every possible rabbit hole. You are no longer on a feverish quest to find the answer. You get that there isn't one and thus you have learned to explore new opportunities in a controlled manner.

4. You are steadfast with your approach. You stick to what you know and apply it diligently and consistently.

Start being more positive. Good luck to you.

2. 5. You make money.

:)

Nobert, albion, comagnum and 8 others like this.
  3. Dazz

Dazz

Specifically , you aver >$200 gross profit per day for a year and thus earn the aver US per year in a year.

4. IOW.... "discipline". Yes.

After you learn Price TA, then you need to develop discipline. Easier said than done.

birdman, Bugsy and Grantx like this.
  5. deaddog

deaddog

I don't see anything here that will make me a successful trader.
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results
    But you still don't know what you are doing.
    Seems like a nice way of saying that you should get a job.
    Maybe you should explore what you don't know; what you know isn't working.

My take:

The 4 traits of a successful trader:

1; Spent time to study and know the market

2; Have a well thought out trading plan and the discipline to follow the plan

3; Be well capitalized

4; Have reasonable expectations.

6. Grantx

Grantx

Money comes automatically along with a lot of other unintended collateral positive changes. when you make a deliberate focused attempt at being the best you can be in all aspects of your life your success will come. Money will flow if that's how you define your success.

7. Grantx

Grantx

Yeah. Heard it all before ad nauseum. You've said nothing original.

pragmatic-trader likes this.
  8. deaddog

deaddog

What works isn't original. :)

Grantx likes this.
  9. There was no mention of a successful methodology or system in your list.

That's requirement number 1. :)

dennis86, Bugsy, ironchef and 2 others like this.
  10. Grantx

Grantx

A traders methodology changes over time alongside ever changing market conditions . The only constant is you which is why I believe you must practice self discipline in all aspects of your life. If you learn to manage self discipline and emotions then you will be able to remain consistent with whatever methodology or system you choose to implement.

#10     Aug 11, 2020
    Overnight likes this.