Top 30 traders under 30

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Don Bright, Aug 8, 2005.

1. I'd like to meet Darren...unfortunately I couldn't eek out a living trading if I had Warren Buffett wispering in my ear every day, so meeting me would be useless.

#51     Aug 17, 2005
  2. very interesting

#52     Aug 23, 2005
  3. Darren makes a little trading.

#53     Aug 23, 2005
  4. djclif

djclif

Boss Hog,

To set the record straight I make more from trading then I do from any of my other business ventures. The way that we set up our recruiting is that we only make money when you trade. We emphasis for our traders that they should only make a trade when 'they' feel they will make money. New traders in our firm start out trading 100 share lots and only move up when they have shown a consistent track record. In this fashion I will only make money when a trader is trading more volume and more experienced, but they trader will only trade more volume when they are making money. Bottom line, the incentives are lined up so that I don't make money until my traders are successful. I try my best to be as open and honest about my trading and mentoring as I can be.

Cheers,

Darren

#54     Aug 23, 2005
  5. There's a 27yo at PHLX who bagged a little over 6mil staked. He lives in Havertown, PA in his parent's basement.

#55     Aug 23, 2005
  6. This guy sounds like me. Except I drive an older car, and now a motorcycle mostly. And now I am looking for a new firm.

#56     Sep 20, 2005
  7. i agree with other posters that the best traders would not be broadcasting their gains

i have 2 guys in my group that made over 350k last year.....one is 24..the other is 28...and i know of a 30 year old (great friend) who is up over 2 mil this year , another up 500, etc , etc

all equities

u will NOT see their names on that list...ever!

i do think it is cool though to see guys makin 350 k
    and guys that dont mind....yes...by all means be proud
    also interesting to see what people makin money in.....i def think there would be more OIL names for 2005..haha

but the top of the top are definaly too busy wakin up early and stayin at work late and shivering if anyone knew how much they made

out of the 4 above that are personal friends....the only thing they have in common is one is cheaper than the other :)
    one looks almost homeless (of course he made the most out of al of em)

cheers

d

#57     Sep 20, 2005

8. Interesting read ! I always thought that there is nothing wilder than the KOSPI...I guess I was wrong
    :D

I'm wondering how to get started with trading power, i.e. where to learn about the market, what makes it move and why... ?
    Does anyone have any recommendations ?

Thanks,
    Marsupilami

#58     Sep 24, 2005
  9. (Tongue in cheek, but...).....You had to see this coming...quoted directly from Trader Monthly - all good, but the "legend" part is a bit much, LOL...

-------
    "Clifford turned to Bright Trading. Training under the Las Vegas – based prop legends Don and Bob Bright, he would eventually cofound his own pairs-trading firm, PairCo, a Bright affiliate. "
    ---------

Don :)

#59     Sep 26, 2005
  10. I think I know who you're talking about. He's good.

#60     Sep 26, 2005