Top 30 traders under 30

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Don Bright, Aug 8, 2005.

1. BSAM

BSAM

No offense, Don, but who really gives a rats ass? Now if we could see the top 30 female traders under 30 in a pair of high heels, that might be a little more interesting/
    appealing/motivating to most of us. (And I'm sure would sell a lot more magazines!:) )

#21     Aug 9, 2005
  2. I'm here to serve your wishes.

(maybe not all traders, but.....)

http://www.traderdaily.com/dater/search.html

Don

#22     Aug 9, 2005
  3. BSAM

BSAM

#23     Aug 9, 2005
  4. kalinka

kalinka

A norwegian guy, Erik Aas, 32 years has the following
    audited results in his onemancompany:

2004 18 million Usd.
    2003 18 million Usd
    2002 10 million Usd

He has earned the money by trading futures
    on electrical power via Nord Pool, an exchange
    for trading electrical power.
    He refuses to give any comments to the press.

#24     Aug 10, 2005

5. "eventually cofound". As in like, what, about 6 months after beginning trading? I guess the kid's no fool. Why risk your future actually trading money when you can tric...er teach others to do so?

I remember this kid giving a talk at Bright Vegas once. Yeah, a lot smarter than your typical Bright trader deadhead/bored retiree, I'll give him that much. I guess his boss in Vancouver saw the potential too, which is why they began their "pair trading firm". As anyone who's been around the block before will tell you, these strategies don't actually amount to a whole lot. Lol. Like, he was describing it once, making it sound a whole lot sounder than it was, but the gist of it was you just keep adding to the pair until it eventually goes your way. Seriously. And the funny bit, this other Bright guy, who Bob (I think) was waxing poetic about, jumps in and goes, "yeah, yeah, I love it - 'cos if it's not going your way, you just keep adding". Yeah, brilliant. (The dude had made $200k the previous year, and was the darling of the moment).

#25     Aug 10, 2005
  6. Maybe you might think about keeping up with reality, these guys have spent zillions of hours with programming and modifying strategies....what you mention hasn't been done in years. I expect the leaders in any industry to be the subject of pot shots, just like the old west....believe it or not, the harder we work, the more money is made.

They'll keep smiling all the way to the bank, and using their trading profits to expand their mini-empire by backing more traders.

I sincerely wish that your strategies work one tenth as well as what these guys are doing...but I'm sure we will never have the chance to know.

(and, geez guys, it's just a couple of magazine articles, I can't wait to see the pessimistic response to the upcoming reality show, LOL).

All the best,

Don

#26     Aug 10, 2005

7. Thank you, Don, for this admission that the dangerous strategies I speak of were at one time recommended and cheered by yourself, your brother and influentinal traders at your firm. It's refreshing to hear such forthrightness from you.

#27     Aug 10, 2005
  8. Things change, successful traders have to adapt or die in the process.

Don

#28     Aug 10, 2005
  9. I'd just like to point out that the article title is ridiculous...

NONE of the top traders under 30 are going to the press to talk about how much money they are making, because they all know the same thing. Their edge is fragile, and the longer they keep it a secret, the longer they can make money.

- The New Guy

#29     Aug 10, 2005
  10. Magnus Greaves is the owner of the magazine, I'm sure he would appreciate your feedback.

Don

#30     Aug 10, 2005