Top 25 books

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by TradesAfterWork, Feb 8, 2020.

1. ironchef

ironchef

For me, don't laugh, these two books changed the way I trade:

1. Jack Schwager: Hedge Fund Market Wizards (the earlier two books were good reads but didn't influence me).

2. Nassim Taleb: Fooled By Randomness.

#11     Feb 16, 2020
    tommcginnis likes this.
  2. Scanman

Scanman

#12     Mar 30, 2020
    tommcginnis likes this.
  3. padutrader

padutrader

I like ' Fooled by Nassim Taleb ' by.......I forgot........

#13     Apr 4, 2020
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  4. zghorner

zghorner

Just finished “Market Wizards” and loved it bigly. Those interviews are the shit. One thing that struck me as odd was how many of them recommend market orders over limit? Also makes me want to trade commodities lol max leverage babyyyyy.

Next up is “the complete turtle trader”.

#14     Apr 4, 2020
  5. I would not recommend you read a single book until at least 1 full year of trading. You will get the best insights when your mind is not taught to view phenomenon in a certain way. Let your methodical notes, chart time, and setup experiences tell you what is desired, what to avoid, and how to interpret price / time / volume in different situations. Price, time, volume can only be learned through observation and interaction. There may be "courses/books" that teach you the skeleton concept of how to go about learning these things, but you will learn faster deeper and with more applicability by doing vs. reading.

Books have tremendous value - AFTER you've gone up against multiple obstacles yourself. Then you will get to the point and know which book to read for your best skillsets. Some people struggle with predicting trend, some otherwise-brilliant traders are their own worst enemy (trading psychology), others with getting their orders filled at precise points / times (eg scalpers), and a blessed few have the next beautiful "problem" of how to scale their profits b/c they've already created a fully refined system that works. There are books/magazines that focus on each of these areas and if you learn by doing first - then you will know exactly which one is for you. Hope this helps, good luck!

#15     Nov 3, 2020
    KCalhoun likes this.
  6. Scanman

Scanman

here I found summary of Market wizard , anyway it was another kind of market

http://people.brandeis.edu/~yanzp/Study Notes/Market Wizards.pdf

i liked specially after finished the book

ciao

#16     Nov 4, 2020
    zghorner likes this.
  7. %%
    Good one+ practical. I also include Jack Schwager's Top Trader book on Stocks;
    + his top trader hedge fund book.
    Home made chart book of QQQ+ SPY.......:caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution: Wisdom is profitable to direct.

#17     Nov 9, 2020
  8. Michael Covel books? Come on the man is a snake oil salesman, who never traded in his life.

#18     Nov 10, 2020
    Kust likes this.
  9. deaddog

deaddog

I'd add these in your top 10 and throw out a couple candlestick books.

It's not what stocks you buy, it's when you sell that counts; By Donald Cassidy

Winner take all: by William Gallacher

I'd also throw in anything by Mark Douglas

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
    #19     Nov 10, 2020
  10. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

The Stock Trader by Tony Oz

Nison's Beyond Candlesticks

Van Tharp's position sizing books

#20     Nov 10, 2020