Top 10 hard-to-fill US jobs

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by a529612, Mar 29, 2007.

1. timbo

timbo

When I was in college, I wanted to be truck driver. Thank you ET, I see the error of my youth.

#51     Mar 29, 2007
  2. Gees guys, show some respect, the trucker is working, on the clock.

If your trying to get out the door at 5 pm sharp cause it is quiting time, you'd get upset if 3 or 4 people are loitering in front of the door and wouldn't let you through.

Point being, let the man do his job. Trying to get all this crap made in China to your nearest Wall mart. I mean c'mon its like sticking your foot out trying to trip a runner, putting on your cruise control in the left lane among other etceteras.

Yea yea yea, I know, everybody has a truck story, then again everybody has a driver with a cell phone story and a white head (senior citizen) story a pedestrian story, no different.

#52     Mar 29, 2007
  3. Good stuff. I just want to comment that:

1. Teachers make sh*t money, unless you are lucky enough to place in a good district. Obviously every teacher wants a nice richie rich district or private school, but most of the jobs are in poor districts & urban areas
    2. Truck drivers can make some good money, even 6 figures. But that requires long freight trips, sometimes straight 24+ hour driving. It's a very hard & stressful job. Quick burnout rate. Interesting anecdote, to those who remember Efedrin (the synthetic version of Ephedra) it was originally very popular among truck drivers to stay up for those crazy tight deadline trips.
    3. Accountant. Haha, that's because accounting sucks and most people will go crazy doing it. Even with the money you can make, most people just cannot bring themselves to that occupation. Seriously, when you think accountant, you think BORING.

Finally, management/exec??? I just have to laugh. As if any more are needed. Please, most managerial & exec jobs are nonsensical bureacracy, spent justifying their frivilous positions. Anyone can do that.

#53     Mar 30, 2007
  4. mrmoose

mrmoose

"3. Accountant. Haha, that's because accounting sucks and most people will go crazy doing it. Even with the money you can make, most people just cannot bring themselves to that occupation. Seriously, when you think accountant, you think BORING."

also demand for accountants surged after the passing of the attorney and accountant full employment bill of 2003 (otherwise known as Sarbaines Oxley)

#54     Mar 30, 2007
  5. What about a B. job? Hard to fill.

#55     Mar 30, 2007
  6. [​IMG]
    Top 10 U.S. Hard to-Fill Jobs: 11. Sanitation Worker/Propelled Dung Collector

#56     Mar 30, 2007
  7. :eek: is that a real picture?

#57     Mar 30, 2007
  8. You would think Rosie O'Donnell would use a toilet. Damn celebrities...:mad:

#58     Mar 30, 2007
  9. The experienced ones who are cream of the crop can make that, but that's very low for someone who's cream of the crop in a field. I use to work in high-tech and made much more than that, and I wasn't cream of the crop. 120k is peanuts if you're experienced and very good at what you do.

Auto mechanics are a dying breed. I'm not talking about people who mount tires or change oil - I mean real mechanics. The reason? Cars are too reliable. They can go 75k to 100k with nothing more than oil changes and coolant flushes.

#59     Mar 30, 2007
  10. and look, there's her mom picking up after her. :)

#60     Mar 30, 2007