Top 10 hard-to-fill US jobs

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by a529612, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Sorry dude, I'll keep the honking to a minimum. :D

Everyone has a bottom line. The less time it takes to cover an area, the more time is available for the next job. Specially if there is a shortage. You gotta work while you can.

The shame is that the cost of fuel takes a HUGE bite out of there pay. Like Mr. Moose stated, there are rules requiring rest stops, but I'm sure those itineraries are cooked. I don't condone driving tired. But everyone's done it and it's no different than trading different markets (time zones) to make more $$.

#21     Mar 29, 2007
  2. Drivers put everybodies lives at risk, traders do not. :D

#22     Mar 29, 2007
  3. blast19

blast19

Unless someone causes a big downdraft in China or Japan and you get bodies flying through the air. Has happened!

#23     Mar 29, 2007
  4. I was driving from Miami to Chicago about 15 years ago. Around midnight on I-65 somewhere in Kentucky a truck got up on my ass. I sped up. He sped up. I was driving over 110mph and he stayed with me. I was freaking out like Dennis Weaver in that dreadful 70's flick, Duel. I finally took an exit and chilled....

#24     Mar 29, 2007
  5. How did I know I would get that comment.

Be realistic. You've never driven tired before? Besides...at 3am the only ones in the middle of nowhere are derelicts, hobos, drunkards, etc. oh...and the occasional guy that drives cross country :D

#25     Mar 29, 2007
  6. That guy is still looking for you...lock your doors.

#26     Mar 29, 2007
  7. Plus the crackdown on Trucker Bombs (milk jugs/Gatorade bottles filled with urine) thown out the window makes it inconvenient.

It was pretty prevalent here in Ohio. A few maintenance workers mowing the grass in the median received golden showers when they hit the jugs with their lawnmowers. Thus began enforcement and stiff fines for offenders. And a shortage of highway maintenance personnel, I'd surmise.

#27     Mar 29, 2007
  8. blast19

blast19

No shit...something like that happened to me too man. I was with my wife and we were driving down this road that heads away from Mt. Kilauea on the way back to whatever that ranch town there is....anyway, this fucking car comes out of the bushes(and this is barren type desert land, not residential) and it fucking rides my tail for like 20 minutes...my wife was sleeping and I was kind of freaking out because that is NOT normal...at least not on the mainland. I was doing about 95 through fairly dense patches of fog and this car was riding close as hell to me.

Eventually whoever it was must have recognized my superior driving skills because they pulled off...but it was super sketchy. Not a nice feeling.

And those truckers are fuckers with the tailgating...it's insane. I've had experiences like yours, but not nearly as bad. :eek:

#28     Mar 29, 2007
  9. LOL.

--

I MIGHT consider working for UPS if I didn't have to dress up in those brown uniforms looking like a terd.

--

Out of everything on that list, I'd probably choose the truck driver, simply because you sit in a seat for hours at a time with the AC on, listening to music. And depending on the company you work for, they'll pay for some or most the fuel cost. OH, and i'd put these rims on my rig... 44'' dubs :cool:

http://gordo250.tripod.com/sitebuil...res/.pond/fatmutherfukinrims.jpg.w300h172.jpg

--

#29     Mar 29, 2007
  10. Same thing happened to me. Son of a bitch turned on all his lights like his shit didn't stink. Even had to show off with a loud siren.

#30     Mar 29, 2007