top 10 BS lines at Pro Firms

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by MVP, Aug 15, 2002.

1. MrDinky

MrDinky

"You're never going to find lower rates than this"

:cool:

#11     Aug 18, 2002
  2. agora

agora

"90% of our traders a net profitable..."

:confused: :D

#12     Aug 18, 2002
  3. exce26

exce26

Our software is the best trading software.
    What a crap.
    I even tested it in that prop firm.
    Buy order went to sell short, Short order went to buy more...
    I asked tech support what is going on....
    They said they can not do anything about it. Just one of many bugs as usuall.....
    :mad:

#13     Aug 18, 2002
  4. it's your isp. it's windows. we haven't had any calls on this besides yours.

#14     Aug 18, 2002
  5. axehawk

axehawk

"Our Celeron 266 Mhz computers are fast enough for the kind trading we do."

LOL!!! I'm sorry, LOL, I can't help it. LOL, I'm making myself laugh!

:D :D :D

#15     Aug 18, 2002
  6. Yea you are paying 2 cents a share, but it is the cost of doing business. Besides once you learn our methods from our successful traders the commission rate won't mean as much.

We will never be the lowest cost provider but at least we will stay in business (for another 3 months).

The one all offices say. We are not really making any money on you so there is no way we can go lower with your rates. We have to make something too. (The excessively marked up ECN's and commissions were not enough I guess. Actually maybe it is that none of the traders could make money at those rates anymore with the market volitility drying up so they left)

Yea you should move out of state here for our prop trading. We have an office full of experienced traders making thousands of dollars a day. I am looking outside right now at a parking lot full of BMW's. (Once you arrive, there are 3 traders there and some staff that tried trading before they blew up there accounts)

#16     Aug 18, 2002
  7. The everyday problems are on "their end" (with the software companies) even though everyone you know trading at home with the product is not having any problems.

#17     Aug 18, 2002
  8. Screw it.

I am going back to retail. I can either pay commisions at a prop firm or retail firm.

Hell, you guys should just stop trading.

Sounds like you are an unhappy sort looking for a free deal and that comes from me, a guy who is not happy with the prop firm I am with.

#18     Aug 18, 2002
  9. nitro

nitro

"We have had massive problems for a year, but we just figured out it's a bad Switch"

nitro

#19     Aug 19, 2002
  10. "...not relying on statements made as an inducement to sign"

in reality, we are all relying on statements made to induce us to sign. acutally you'll find this clause in real estate deals, mortgage deals, and other high tick deals, contracts and trading agreements.

#20     Aug 23, 2002