Toomey(R) 48% Specter(D) 36%

Discussion in 'Politics' started by drjekyllus, Aug 16, 2009.

1. You haven't liked anyone who is NOT a nut-job. What's the big deal?

2. Wasn't it you that said Specter's seat was a safe democrat seat?

3. Personally I follow Intrade predictions and they have the Democratic candidate with a 7 point lead.That said I think Specter is a piece of shit to leave his party when it became unpopular.I don't like The Republican party but I hate traitors

4. Yeah, and I also said that a lot can change from "today to election day". Specter had 10 points lead that time.

5. Mr. Specter is the current poster boy for what is wrong with our political system.

He typifies the main ethical, genetic make-up of a politician......do whatever it takes to get re-elected. If your current political philosophy is not the soup de'jour, then change it. If your current moral philosophy is not "with the times", repent and change !

I do hope the good folks of William Penn's namesake give Mr. Specter what he so rightly deserves............retirement.

6. Illum

Illum

Yea, it shows a career politician and not someone who has firm beliefs. Making it difficult for voters to get what they want. The seat may still go democrat, just won't be Specter. Penn for a middle ground state went easily to Dems last go around. If the people want a Democrat I don't think it will be this lifer clown.

7. No he didn't. Specter was tied when you posted.

8. Arnie

Arnie

He started out as a Democrat...he just went home.

#10     Aug 16, 2009