Took out a loan to transition to full-time trading. Now 27 years old.

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by wabu27, Nov 12, 2019.

1. wabu27

wabu27

1/9/2020
    +$95
    commission: $4.74
    while waiting for the gas report, i fell asleep... working at a bbq restaurant from 6:30pm-2am wore me out. Noticed the super easy bounce play (that i predicted) that i've missed... well. went in later for the second bounce and got some profits. Going to ask work if I can take off closing shifts because it really tires me out.

#81     Jan 9, 2020
  2. wabu27

wabu27

1/10/2020
    +$256
    commission: $23.7
    Not bad not bad. Going off of NG chart, it was really difficult to find the right entry/exit points and hard to figure out how much room there is left for this chart to possibly go. I traded off of yahoo finance charts which made things simpler. I could have bettered my entry/exits by waiting couple minutes more when determining an entry/exit; however, shout out to all the daytraders out there that know those 1-2 minutes in the prime time feels like 10-20 minutes.

Going on a snowboarding trip for 2 days with my college bros! Life has been hard and heavy lately, and I really needed some bromance to take my mind off everything that's going on with my life (like debt, yikes!). Have a nice weekend everyone and see you next Monday for more trading :)

#82     Jan 10, 2020
  3. wabu27

wabu27

1/13/2020
    +$105
    commission: $14.22
    Slow day for NG until midday, and making an upward movement in the 2nd half of the market hours. Was able to catch a couple ticks throughout the day but failed to ride the big rise in the 2nd half of the market hours because i thought there was potential for NG to go down more as well. My wins are not big at all but i haven't seen a red day for a while now and my account is slowly going up so I'm happy.

Went snowboarding with my friends over the weekend. Really needed the vacation. Lots of fun memories and pictures. 2020 going well so far :)

#83     Jan 13, 2020
  4. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

What city you living in due to the fact that you mention snowboarding ?

If you don't want to say...what city did you go to for snowboarding ?

wrbtrader

#84     Jan 13, 2020
  5. wabu27

wabu27

1/14/2020
    -$306
    commission: $16.59
    Was a very slow day today and i didn't trade much. Was like $16 positive, thought it could possibly drop big later and bounce afterwards, but it could just be a slow day throughout so i just ended my trading and went for a haircut. After my haircut, I check NG and its dropping hard. I wanted to get into the bounce play. Without properly analyzing my entry based on charts, I guessed my timing based on momentum and entered 2.212. It dropped a lot more and I'm down $300.
    This is all okay. I know what I did. Very dumb but that's me trying to overtrade on my phone (never worked out well but still keep on trying?). My trading plan calls for me to hold no positions overnight. However, while it is possible NG will do a massive fall overnight and start really low tomorrow, also possible this is just start of NG going bullish. And I think at least tomorrow, NG will have bounced. I may wait until tomorrow morning or may exit overnight if i feel to do so. Will keep a stop loss on so i don't kill myself ;)

#85     Jan 14, 2020
  6. wabu27

wabu27

I live near LA in california. Went to big bear for snowboarding. It was packed :(

#86     Jan 14, 2020
  7. wabu27

wabu27

1/15/2020
    -$505
    commission: $2.37
    My stop loss was 2.154. Got stopped overnight. Entered a buy at 2.131 and than fell asleep again. Woke up after couple hours, and it looks like it may bounce. NG staying around 2.150 levels so i get back in at 2.151 after waiting for my drop for hours. Of course, typical markets, like 10 mins later it drops to 2.130 levels and im down an unnecessary $200 after a $300 loss. Hm. Still in in because it really looks like it will bounce. Mannnn kept my game short and safe and made a 7-day winning streak. Decided to do something a little different, and I lose all my profits of the 7 days in 2 days. Typical me. omfg. fml. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

#87     Jan 16, 2020
  8. Hi, didn't see if you posted it yet, did you do any backtesting of your trade signals? Accuracy seems a little low. Since you're only trading one market it would be easy to run some tests.

#88     Jan 17, 2020
  9. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Is there a reason why you prefer to trade NG futures versus any other futures ?

Also, can you explain what you meant by "looks like it will bounce" ?

Further, what was the reason why you decided to do something a little different after a 7 day winning streak ?

I'm curious because usually when someone is in the midst of a win streak...they become more ritual / fixated on the routine that caused their win streak...not try new things.

wrbtrader

#89     Jan 17, 2020
  10. wabu27

wabu27

#90     Jan 20, 2020