Took out a loan to transition to full-time trading. Now 27 years old.

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by wabu27, Nov 12, 2019.

1. destriero

destriero

Yeah, back in the early 90s you had to be approached by AMEX for the Platinum card as a regular cardholder. They give you a LOC at Prime + with checks. Now you can simply apply for it, but the LOC won't be anywhere near $250K.

Traditional lenders in that range are ABL. Sending a PM.

#41     Nov 23, 2019
  2. wabu27

wabu27

Update this week: Had a birthday. Thanksgiving. Blown account.

Hm. Planning to be back with a new plan as soon as I have a plan.

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving :)

#42     Dec 1, 2019
  3. DevBru

DevBru

So you just lost like what? $20K-$30K and $11K of that money is a loan with 26% APR?

It sounds like don't even care :wtf:.

#43     Dec 1, 2019
  4. notagain

notagain

#44     Dec 1, 2019
    CDoubleUU likes this.
  5. SteveH

SteveH

wabu27,

Sorry to read about your blown account.

I don't trade stocks, but I think if you watch some of this guy's vids, they may help you deal with small account sizes. He's starting a new super small account on Monday (tomorrow 12/02/19) and I think they would be educational/enjoyable for you to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/user/DaytradeWarrior/videos

[Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with Ross and wouldn't give him 1 penny. When you can trade a 1 min NQ chart successfully in the morning sessions, it makes no sense (to me) to look at stocks for daytrading.]

#45     Dec 1, 2019
  6. SunTrader

SunTrader

My last 2 cents - I spent the rest.

Ignore most, find your own path.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
    #46     Dec 1, 2019
    legionx likes this.
  7. Overnight

Overnight

#47     Dec 1, 2019
  8. notagain

notagain

sometimes good luck happens before bad luck
    Screen Shot 2019-12-02 at 11.00.55 AM.png

#48     Dec 2, 2019
  9. wabu27

wabu27

12/3/19
    Deposited $1000 into my IB account overnight and surprising it already hit my IB acct today before 6:30am PST. Was planning on sleeping today but decided to trade. Almost lost $600 (my 1 week worth of tips) than came back to end up -$4. I have officially decided I just straight suck at controlling my emotions. I'm really quick on the trigger.

Going to try something different. Will be watching IB chart and Tradeview charts as support, but am going to trade mainly off of yahoo finance charts. Yes, the crappy 2D laggy not updating charts. These charts are what I went off of when I first got into stocks during 2010 and those were one of my best trading days.

#49     Dec 3, 2019
  10. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

@wabu27

You've mention videos a few times in the thread but there's no link to any videos. Can you post the link to your past live streamed videos.

wrbtrader

#50     Dec 4, 2019