Took out a loan to transition to full-time trading. Now 27 years old.

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by wabu27, Nov 12, 2019.

1. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

1) When you live streamed on Youtube...did it slow down the performance of your computer as in you noticed sluggishness in your computer's performance while you had open your charts / broker trade execution platform ?

2) Were you also chatting with that one trader while you were live streaming...if so...was it a distraction while you were trading ?

3) When you live stream...charts only...DOM only or both ?

-----------

A lot of traders live stream on Twitch, Discord or Youtube. Yet, twitch and discord seems to be the prefer for traders that also do gaming which seems to be why they also do their live stream there.

I've only seen a few traders live stream on twitch that were not gamers.

Each live stream differently when comparing twitch, discord and youtube. I've been talking to a few that have been very detailed about why they prefer one than the other...its interesting involving which has the best stream technology.

You say you live streamed on Youtube...only one person watched. The live streams I didn't like were the ones that only showed charts with profit/loss column or only showed DOM with profit/loss column.

In contrast, the live streams I like showed charts with trade fills in the trade fill window in the broker trade execution platform or DOM with trade fills in the trade fill window in the broker trader execution platform.

Also, I did not like the live streamers that would already be trading with profits / losses and then they decide to live stream for that day. Simply, the live stream begins with already profits / losses. Too many live streamers do that for some odd reason.

Another way to explain it...pretend you start your trading day at 0930am...you then take 3 - 5 trades before 10:00am but you then start your live stream at 10:01am that shows you taking a few more trades the remainder of your trading day.

If they forgot once in awhile...that's ok. Yet, some would consistently do that via starting their live streams after already taking a few trades.

The worst thing I commonly saw was live streamers just disappear without an explanation why they stopped live streaming. In fact, some made announcements in threads at forums about their live streams but no announcements why they stopped...they just disappeared regardless if they were profitable in the live streams or losing in the live streams.

The craziest live stream I saw was a guy that would show his gaming but have a small window on his gaming...that small window he was trading thru his DOM. How can someone multi-task like that and then not be able to determine why they're losing money. :rolleyes:

P.S. The live streamers with a large following...they make a big production out of it like some entertainment via showing them on vacation in some nice hotel overlooking the beach/ocean, walking inside their mansion home after getting out of a 6 figure car or they do a ton of talking while live streaming their trades as if its a reality show...as if they're a self made TV journalist or game show host. :D

wrbtrader

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    #31     Nov 20, 2019
    apdxyk and Lewlowned like this.
  2. SunTrader

SunTrader

Book a bnb mansion and rent a Lambo for the day and you too can be a youtube/twitch bazillionaire.

Maybe even Prez. Fake tan and outrageously ridiculous comb-over optional.

#32     Nov 20, 2019
    wrbtrader and d08 like this.
  3. notagain

notagain

#33     Nov 20, 2019
  4. wabu27

wabu27

11/21/19
    +806
    My overnight position moved favorably. I stayed up until 5am PST watching the position in case of any signs of bullish movements. NG report came in and I called how it will move pretty well. Called it's highpoint before it's drop as well (proud, ROAR!!). I had details about it but i forgot it.. slept 50 minutes last night after working an 8-hr server shift at a restaurant. After market ended took 1.5hr nap and went to being a server again for another 4.5 hours. Thus mi life.

#34     Nov 22, 2019
    jl1575 likes this.
  5. wabu27

wabu27

#35     Nov 22, 2019
  6. wabu27

wabu27

11/22/19 - $308

So it's been 2 weeks since I've actively recorded my performance on my google tracking sheet. I'm up $337, YES!! Amount just over the total amount of commission I paid during that time. Approximate net total, I'm negative.

Honestly just watched NG not doing anything except move inbetween a small range so I told myself "this is so boring, let's enter one position" and it suddenly breaks out of that range. LOL. Still thought overall movement was down. Wanted to leave a position overnight but now Jan contracts will be traded actively and I wasn't sure how NG would move with this transition period so just exited at a loss.

Recap of the past two weeks, nothing's changed since my old days. Similar patterns, similar temptations, similar mistakes, which worries me.... don't want a similar conclusion. I feel like making $200/day is pretty easy on most days. So I try to make more which gets me deep in the red. I tell myself to than just make the daily $200's which means around $1,000/week but when I see chances in the charts, I keep going back in to trade more. I just want to win them all. I used to be able to back in the days...

Tried to keep my post sweet and simple, maybe add a little humor but this is certainly not the case today hahaha
    Just want to tell myself. I'm getting old. At an age I need to find a career to build. Excitement through trading is obviously not paying the bills. Show some actual results. Concrete facts. Or just quit and invest passively. Get back into finance or go to the army. This upcoming week I'm turning 28. Wow, .... that is not a light number.

Stockfather
    I MADE YOUTUBE BANNER AND LOGO!!! Haha any feedback appreciated. Hopefully get my first video up within a week or two. And have weekly uploads. If my trading account could last more than couple weeks hahahahaha

#36     Nov 22, 2019
  7. Seaweed

Seaweed

If making $200 per day was easy, then just adding another contract would be the easiest way to double that to $400. If you're pushing past the $200 level by trying to capture more ticks, I can see why you would have difficulty. Sometimes, those ticks just aren't there.

Now adding another contract will for sure bring about stress in another way, but then at least you can really isolate the fact that this has nothing to do with the strategy but rather you.

So if you can make $200 but want more, just add another contract and evaluate how that goes.

#37     Nov 22, 2019
  8. SunTrader

SunTrader

Absolutely nothing wrong with a little humor, but is seems like you are not taking trading too seriously. Jumping in and out just because ....? Or am I missing how and when you determine your trades?

#38     Nov 22, 2019
  9. ironchef

ironchef

But then when you are at a loss, it also doubles whereas capturing more ticks will not double your loss.

#39     Nov 23, 2019
  10. TheBigShort

TheBigShort

@destriero do you know if they still do this? I am working a strat right now (not earnings) that I would love to borrow for (250k to 750k). Any ideas?

#40     Nov 23, 2019