Took out a loan to transition to full-time trading. Now 27 years old.

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by wabu27, Nov 12, 2019.

1. taowave

taowave

EOD doesnt work????
    That's a bit of a stretch.

If he kept his job,he could have self funded his trading,developed systems,and learned as much as he could without tying a 24 percent noose around his neck.

I love a good success story,but he's taking the wrong approach..

#21     Nov 14, 2019
  2. Turveyd

Turveyd

Its a bit of a stretch claiming it does work, notifyou want big money.

#22     Nov 15, 2019
  3. taowave

taowave

You are strictly thinking of trading ones account,however big or small...

At his stage of development,he should be learning all he can,reading all he can,designing systems and trading as small as he can....having an income at this point in his development is well advised. Taking down loans at 24%,with ZERO income is a major hurdle to overcome and creates unnecessary stress.Maybe hes the outlier,but I wouldn't bet on him..

If you want "BIG money",get a job at an Investment Bank or a Hedge fund and do whatever it takes to get on a trading desk...And coming from and Investment banking/Hedge fund background,I know that is easier said than done

#23     Nov 15, 2019
    CDoubleUU, ironchef and SunTrader like this.
  4. SunTrader

SunTrader

A "bit high". Seriously?

All traders have expenses but not many are paying 26% shark loan vig.

So take 26% right away off the top.

Then losses.

Then trading expenses.

Then living expenses.

Equal a whole lotta Ramen Noodles dinners - yum.

I can think of much better ways (and meals) attaining the goal of trading for myself.

#24     Nov 16, 2019
    CDoubleUU and taowave like this.
  5. wabu27

wabu27

Week 1: +$3
    Was planning on making a highlight clip and upload it during the weekend but i made a mistake with the video recordings so couldn't get that done. Hopefully this week I can get a video together.

Been just trading NG.
    I keep a daily google sheet that you can view. :)
    ...h.ttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-myPsu6bRS23p3b3HeIB5wh3jxp4z3VkjEsfF4sKs9U/edit?usp=sharing

#25     Nov 18, 2019
  6. Hmm... Your broker thanks you for the commissions.

Maybe you should get set up on Twitch

#26     Nov 18, 2019
    CDoubleUU likes this.
  7. wabu27

wabu27

11/18/19
    +$332
    Trading NG. Initial look hinted NG to possibly go up towards 2.7 mark. Went in for some profits but saw NG going up a little too quickly. In this case it needs to shoot up higher but it didn't have the power to so i exited. Still watched NG as it still looked likely to go higher but on a longer time chart it seemed like it was possible for the overall direction to be bearish so was being careful. NG ended up not having the strength to go higher and eventually pulled down.

#27     Nov 18, 2019
  8. wabu27

wabu27

@poorloser Isn't twitch for gamers? I actually tried live-streaming my trades on youtube and no one watched LOL. Most view I had at one time was one person.

#28     Nov 18, 2019
    jys78 likes this.
  9. wabu27

wabu27

11/20/19

- $531

Traded NG so stupidly. No clear movements so stayed out most of the day. Saw a high and entered a short; thought it was breaking upwards so reversed position, reversed again and currently holding a position overnight. Even told myself in my recording to not trade today but i thought i saw an opportunity. It was a weak fake.

#29     Nov 20, 2019
  10. Overnight

Overnight

NG has been acting flaky lately. Just remember the report tomorrow at 10:30 AM ET. EIA forecasts a huge drop of 86 billion, which makes sense considering the rapid onset of colder temps in the US. Winter is when NG gets fun! :)

#30     Nov 20, 2019