Took out a loan to transition to full-time trading. 24 years old.

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by wabu27, Mar 14, 2016.

1. As above, second choice (probably best) is to open papaer account, to find a good strategy based on long-term backtest.

Unlike other markets, we have data for 100 years, to allow deep and long backtest.
    If you find a strategy of annual 26% compounded, the your account may be even.
    Please remember that VERY VERY HARD TO find 26% logic.
    If it was easy to find it, for the last 400 years, then Gates and Buffet are broke now. (None shows more than 20% for 400 years.)

#61     Mar 19, 2016
  2. Hey Flash Gordon.......may I attend your room as well?

@FlashGordon

#62     Mar 19, 2016
  3. this is a wise man talking

#63     Mar 20, 2016
  4. @E-MiniToGo

What you mean by 'trade simulator'? Market Replay? or just trading with a demo account?

#64     Mar 20, 2016
    murray t turtle likes this.
  5. wabu27

wabu27

Gordon I tried Forex before but failed. If you are offering, I'm interested in seeing how you trade live. I subscribed but not sure what to do next - what do I have to do to see you trade live?

#65     Mar 20, 2016
  6. SunTrader

SunTrader

Yup hold on to the $2000. You'll need to pay for each month after the first free one.

#66     Mar 20, 2016
    Georgii likes this.
  7. If someone offer me annual 26% logic for sure, I will pay him 100K or 1000K.

#67     Mar 20, 2016
    lawrence-lugar likes this.
  8. wabu27

wabu27

Hi I have a quick question I was hoping people had answers for. My friend started using robinhood and just told me this:

Pattern Day Trading rules only apply to margin accounts; a customer trading in only a cash account will not be designated as a Pattern Day Trader. We define a Day Trade as the purchase and sale of the same security on the same trading day. A customer is designated as a Pattern Day Trader if they make four or more Day Trades in a five trading day sliding window (the Day Trades don’t necessarily have to be for the same security.) In order to engage in Pattern Day Trading you must maintain an equity balance of at least $25,000 in a margin account. Please note that there is no limit on Day Trades in a cash account.

He thinks you can do infinite day trades if you are using a cash account. I have a rapid trading style but wasn't able to trade this way due to the PDT rule. If I change my brokerage account from margin to cash account, would I be able to do infinite number of day trades?

#68     Mar 31, 2016
  9. You'll get a free riding violation if you don't let the trades settle t+3. Just trade options or futures man.

#69     Mar 31, 2016
  10. If you put your email on the meetup list, just stand bye and I will send you a schedule of when I am on live . It could be a few more weeks. But this is a private room, nothing to sell. Thanks

#70     Mar 31, 2016
    wabu27 likes this.