Took my lumps today. Took a 3200USD loss today but avoided an 22K or more loss

Discussion in 'Trading' started by prc117f, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Palindrome

Palindrome

I had my worst month ever in September account was down 9%.... I made it all back and then some the last 3 days

I obliterated Wall Street:

Futures
    Long ZN - 117"155 (sunday night)
    Long NG 3.24
    Long Euro 1.1501
    Short NQ's today 7250
    Long JPY 8868
    only loser was short GC at 1191

I'm looking to short NQ's again and CL perhaps as early as tonight.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    #11     Oct 10, 2018
  2. destriero

destriero

Yeah, it was early but the structure loses only 15% at SPX 3000. Best case is 2900 (near double) by XMAS, but it cannot earn less than 50% below 2900. The NAFTA re-work was the culprit, but I'd never been more confident in a trade outside of pure arbitrage.

#12     Oct 10, 2018
    srinir likes this.
  3. prc117f

prc117f

2012 bought the house nextdoor Its in a great location, and both homes mid century architecture waterfront property and the lots in my area are big non of that zero lot shit, its old school . Not too concerned with RE risk. it was buy a bigger home or just buy the one next to you and now I have my own mancave with music studio,trading office etc.. Wife happy since does not hear the racket as well, Genelec's in all the rooms :)

And a mini nerd museum :)

I hate the modern Mcmansion zerolot style properties. And McMansion designs get uglier and uglier every year.

#13     Oct 10, 2018
    vanzandt likes this.
  4. S2007S

S2007S

Home builders are in a bear market, that is a huge signal of what is to come.....housing prices will be coming down as mortgage rates rise above 5%>>>>>housing market needs a huge readjustment!!!

#14     Oct 10, 2018
  5. trademan1

trademan1

Anticipating a continuing rise of mortgage rates?

#15     Oct 10, 2018
    destriero likes this.
  6. destriero

destriero

No, values taking a plunge.

#16     Oct 10, 2018
  7. trademan1

trademan1

Good thing I’m under contract to purchase and just completed an inspection. It was rates rising that I was worried about. Seemed quite obvious that home values are way high as there are literally under a handful of homes available under $500k in my area.

#17     Oct 10, 2018
  8. Palindrome

Palindrome

In my area where the average home is about $650k, their seems to be very little inventory for these "starter" homes and move quick once on the market.... at least during the summer, fall is generally quiet.

On the flipside, homes 1.3mm+... tons of inventory and none are moving.

I think for the average home, we are in the consolidation phase and they move higher in the coming years. In my area we are just "retesting" the 2006 highs...and once this consolidation phase ends, we should push higher.

I also think Interest rates will Pause and not go much higher near term and settle in at this level for about a year or so, then continue a bit higher.

But what the hell do I know...I'm just a futures freak

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    #18     Oct 10, 2018
  9. trademan1

trademan1

Very similar to my area, plenty of homes 1.3mm+ available. Only 3 homes under $500k, and those homes are overvalued for what they are listed at.

#19     Oct 10, 2018
  10. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Prudent Risk Management is the only true edge in trading.

#20     Oct 10, 2018