Took a tough loser today going into the close

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by John47, Apr 11, 2008.

1. ElCubano

ElCubano

its actually the best day to take a hit...you have all weekend to digest...but i hate it as well

#11     Apr 14, 2008
  2. John47

John47

I like it much better when I do well on a friday...leave the week on a good note and feel good about the weekend. I usually do well on fridays....I broke a personal record this year during one of the friday jobs numbers.

#12     Apr 14, 2008
  3. <i>"Sounds like its my fault and mostly it is but there is a software glitch I won't go into for a bunch of reasons. Anyway...

Ironically, I haven't traded great the past two weeks and I almost feel like this was the slap in the face I needed to get my ass in gear.

So pretty much, I can't wait for Monday morning...next week should have some nice movement...and I plan on being in every good trade I see.

Funny because every cycle of great trading I go through comes right after a period of trading 'not so great' capped off by a bad loser. I trade mediocre for a week or two, have that capitulation loser...I get my shit back together and tear the market apart. Whatever the reason I don't know, but I can't wait for monday."</i>

Sounds like you're in pure revenge-trade mode. All of your posts that follow are defensive and full of attitude. Works in a free message board, but good luck with that with real money in live markets.

#13     Apr 14, 2008
  4. trendy

trendy

So, let me get this straight, you fucked up and accidentally went short when you meant to go long in an index that was displaying bullish momentum. You took a quick 1.5 point hit, and this caused you so much emotional pain that you had to start a thread. Who sounds like the 3G retail trader now?

#14     Apr 14, 2008
  5. John47

John47

I had my second best day ever today. I was fortunate in that some of my favorite type of trades presented themselves and I loaded up.

My goal now is to turn this into a very good week, which it should be. I say this because there are some pretty good data points coming out...meaning there should be more volitility/opportunity for my style. This week (ppi/cpi) is usually one of my favorites....the numbers are important enough to get some good moves but not busy to the point its un-tradeable.

Additionally, its a 3 and a half day week for me. Office trip to nyc on friday. Its one less day to trade but friday should be the slowest (in my market at least).

#15     Apr 14, 2008
  6. Agreed. Where's the IGNORE button on my keyboard ?

#16     Apr 14, 2008
  7. John47

John47

To the two or three guys that are more or less flaming me....I have to ask...what exactly are you insinuating? I had a screw up, fair enough, but i wasn't trading with your money, was I?

Seriously, I'm curious. Are you all such good traders that even the idea of a mistake (by anyone) in the markets upsets you? Is that it? If not, then what?

btw, I'll say it again for those of you that haven't read the thread but just posted...I don't trade ES.

#17     Apr 15, 2008
  8. RAY

RAY

It is more about the attitude you tried to convey.

You came here to vent. Someone tried to give you their opinion/help and then you come back attacking them by insinuating that they must be a piker, and that you are almost some type of Soros...

Then there are people like me who wasted our time reading that this person (you) whined about a 3,000 dollar loss within a great year. You want to know what we are thinking? Probably not.

The point is, that you are such a big bad fish, you shouldn't have a care in the world about a 3k "mistake." Sometimes it is worth a 3k hit to take a piss.

#18     Apr 15, 2008
  9. bellman

bellman

Dude, it's not just 2 or 3 people, and nobody is really flaming you. I agree with both Trendy and Ray. On another note, glad you had your second best day yesterday, and we're all going to be waiting for tomorrow's numbers. Should be fun for some of us.

#19     Apr 15, 2008
  10. John47

John47

Word.

Pretty weak for a PPI day, in my market at least. So so day, but still a good week thanks to yesterday.

cpi tommorrow. Historically, I trade better on PPI but I think we're about to witness a 'black swan'.

#20     Apr 15, 2008