Too Much Personal B.s. On Et Lately

Discussion in 'Events' started by slapshot, Feb 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LOL TM you're right! Thanks man. LOLOLOL!

#21     Feb 4, 2003
  2. We should spread some love in ET...

And now, I shall do that...

#22     Feb 4, 2003
  3. db, my repsonse to your post was born from months of your arrogant replies to other people, and your two-faced approach. You propose to one member, in jest I recognize, on one thread when she is helping you and agreeing with you, and then you rake her the other day about candlesticks. What is that? A new member approached you on the Keeping It Simple thread just recently, and you blew him off entirely, and were defensive about it too. The guy was clearly distraught and confused, but it wasn't what you wanted to talk about so you dismissed him. You know for someone who portrays himself as so erudite re: trading methodology, I find it curious at the least that you dropped everything you were doing since 1989 to adopt snosur4's method.

There is no doubt that you have a lot of trading knowledge and experience db, and a lot to offer. Just try to be helpful, tone down the arrogance, be uplifting and encouraging. This is not competition. It is a community. So commune. For gosh sakes!

#23     Feb 4, 2003
  4. so much for ending the B.S. and pettiness on ET. this thread was almost assured to be self-fulfilling (sp?) for the start!

#24     Feb 4, 2003
  5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Examples?

--Db

#25     Feb 4, 2003
  6. Rather than air this out here db, how about thru the PM's? PM me please with the same request and I will politely give you examples. Thanks. And the only reason I ask you to PM me is because when I PM'd you before to let you know that I was deleting some posts you never read it.

#26     Feb 4, 2003
  7. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Oh, no. You've been making these accusations for two months now, so you don't get to revert to PMs if it's becoming difficult.

Cut and paste specific examples with thread name, forum name and date. This is a golden opportunity for you to show everybody just how arrogant and thieving and cut-throat and whatever else I am. You can't possibly pass it up.

The only difference between you and an ordinary member is that you can delete posts. Let's keep these posts right here, in public, just as your accusations have been.

--Db

#27     Feb 4, 2003
  8. You make me laugh. I can just see you getting closer to the screen, typing furiously.

I called you out on the Importance of Simplicity thread and posted your lies and misquotes there. Remember? That is when you decided to start another thread by you, about you, on you, for you. Your motives were clear.

Your posts to others on Quah's thread. Remember those? That is where you first started posting I think. Remember that thread where you first bashed me, the same one your buddy traderkay did. I had never ever said anything about you previous to that. But I ripped you for being the narcissist you are. Later, after I became a moderator, I asked the moderator for that forum to delete my post, to set a better example.

Go back to Importance of Simplicity., when you jokingly suggested you were going to propose to cathy. She was your buddy then, but just the other day you ripped her in your rude and arrogant way for her use of candlesticks. That whole thread is now deleted because of that crap.

And the Keeping It Simple thread, your reply to Genesis. It's right there. I am not going to waste time reposting what is there to see.

You give wally crap because he won't tell you his methods. Go ask Coke for their recipe, see what they say. Until snosur gave you his ideas, you never offered anything but criticism, not critique, arrogant criticism.

You want more proof, go to the search mode, type in your name, and start reading. You'll get all the proof you need.

#28     Feb 4, 2003
  9. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

My, my, how slippery we are all of a sudden. You refer again to my lies and misquotes and can't come up with a single one. You accuse me of stealing Mike's ideas, but can't come up with a single example of my having done so. And referring to a thread that no longer exists is a nice touch.

As far as my reply to Genesis, here it is:

Genesis:

Db, and others. I have opened an acc't with IB for ES trading. The plan I am using is based on resistance and support #'s. Using your setup ,Db. Traded for six days, down 2K. The first three days, I only tape read, using 30 Indus. Avg, TICK, and S&P cash index. When all three were down, I would sell the ES just by intuition. Traded only one contract. Forgive my small #'s...First day 8 trips, $212+; day 2, 15 trips, $375-; day 3, 13 trips, #275+, Day 4, I am sorry to say, 33 trips, $1234-, Paper traded the next day; Day 5 ,5 trips $112-, Today 10 trips $387-. I have been using a EMA crossover method past 2 days buying on up and selling on down of cross of 1 pt. Using Db method of buying on 2 pt. above opening or reaction Hi and selling on 2 pt. below opening Lo or reaction Lo. Am I being to simplistic on using those indicators? I know I overtraded on the big loss day trying to make up. When I look back at Db method, it works. My stops I feel comfortable with is 1-2 pts. Will the crossover method work with such a stop and with Db method?
    I feel like I have rambled on...I am just frustrated. What help can you give me to make me profitable. Have I just been in a choppy market too often? Thanks in advance, and I welcome any private e-mail. Thanks. Tony!

Db:

I'm not sure how to respond to this, Tony. What you're doing has nothing to do with the strategy I posted. It doesn't use the DJ or the TICK or MAs of any kind or anything else other than the NQ or ES, nor does it use stops as tight as yours. And you should be making at the most three trades a day, if any. And God knows intuition should have no part in it. If anything, it's supposed to be a no-brainer strategy once you've decided what bar length you want to use to define the opening high and low.

Where did I say to enter on reactions?

--Db

Genesis:

Thanks, Db and others. I am mixing strategies with other ideas elsewhere. Question... Would you place a 5 pt. stop on the ES also using your breakout range method? Can you also explain how you use volume in your decision process, if any. Thanks, Tony!

Db:

Would I use a 5pt ES stop? No. But it depends on how you define being wrong. As for volume, I don't consider it. It's amazing how fast traders will jump into a move when it goes past a certain point, even though volume may have been zip beforehand.

--Db

Is that it, inandlong?

It's not my fault that you couldn't keep The Importance of Simplicity thread going. My leaving your "jurisdiction" should have had no effect since the ideas weren't mine. Perhaps your deleting Mike's posts had something to do with it.

What seems to frost you most is that I don't admire you as much as you think I should. When you grow up, maybe I can begin to do so.

--Db

#29     Feb 4, 2003
  10. HEY DBPHONEIX AND INANDLONG, THIS IS A THREAD TO STOP THE BULLSHIT NOT TO GET IT GOING AGAIN. CAN YOU TWO LOW LIFES STOP OR GO PLAY WITH MR. MARKET .

#30     Feb 4, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.