Too Much Personal B.s. On Et Lately

Discussion in 'Events' started by slapshot, Feb 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So you razz buffoons when you are bored, which in other words means make personal attacks, but you put people on Ignore who make personal attacks. Facetiously then I ask, do you put you on Ignore?

And are you going to practice what you preach... until you are bored again?

#11     Feb 4, 2003
  2. "So you razz buffoons when you are bored, which in other words means make personal attacks, but you put people on Ignore who make personal attacks. Facetiously then I ask, do you put you on Ignore?

And are you going to practice what you preach... until you are bored aga"

=============================================

Sometimes it's just too tempting no to respond to baffoons...like when somebody posts " bored aga"..:D

Just messing w/you:)

#12     Feb 4, 2003
  3. ....but in actuality you are right and it sometimes becomes a distracting war of the words...restraint is the key. unfortunately i always misplace my keys

#13     Feb 4, 2003
  4. I agree with you TM. It is just like the fastball that is up in your eyes.... you can't lay off of it. You should lay off, try to lay off, sometimes even go to rehab to lay off... but no... here comes another one.

:)

#14     Feb 4, 2003
  5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Though it helps to remember that members are not moderators. One expects moderators to adhere to a higher standard of behavior. Take zboy, for example . . .

--Db

#15     Feb 4, 2003
  6. Your expectatons of moderators is not our code. Our purpose mainly is to keep threads on topic, delete excessive vulgarity and profanity, and prevent spam. Baron does not ask us to refrain from posting our opinions on matters, any more than you are asked. I know I do however, out of respect for Baron and EliteTrader.

I don't care for arrogance, defensive attitudes, critical responses, and back-biting... all of which you manifest. Again, try a little humility. Or a lot would even be better. Maybe checkout ALICE's plea for civilty guidelines. Print it out and put it right by your keyboard.

#16     Feb 4, 2003
  7. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

So why do you indulge in them?

--Db

#17     Feb 4, 2003
  8. I don't. But most of the time I indulge you. Why do you?

#18     Feb 4, 2003
  9. Quote from dbphoenix:

So why do you indulge in them?
    --Db
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't. But most of the time I indulge you. Why do you?

===========================================

I know you are but what am i?:D

kids ,kids, your both pretty....

#19     Feb 4, 2003
  10. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Oh, really?

A couple of days ago, Ditch, on the Short Time Frames Losing Their Edges thread, said that "economic theory is completely useless in understanding market action. markets are ruled by FEAR and GREED, not 'sophisticated computers' and it will be that way until the human brain doesn't longer exist as we know it".

I responded by saying that "I'll go with Ditch as well. An edge need not be just a 'statistical inefficiency' in the market; it can also be something that enables one to take advantage of the psychological weaknesses in other traders."

Iceman commented "db...

great definition... ought to be in every trading glossary"

You, for some reason, couldn't stand this, so you piped in with "Oh please... don't fool yourself here. This is nothing but mental masturbation.

What do you have, little plastic green army men pointing at the screen and each time a trade goes a tick in your favor you go 'pow pow, got ya!'

As if....."

To which Iceman responded "you seem pretty sure of your comments... but don't explain why?

Or do you think it is your feudal relationship with db?"

Your reply was "I appreciate your question ice. Try disagreeing with db and see what you get. Do it elsewhere, not here, on another thread, and give it some time, after he has forgotten your compliment. You'll see what I mean. You'll see the arrogance and the defensiveness, the caustic attitude. I cannot stand bs iceman, nor lies, nor misquotes, nor twisting others' words, all of which I have seen db do.

While I don't explain why, as you say, are you also questioning db that he doesn't explain how? The answer is no, or it would seem to be no because you agreed with his statement to such an extreme, although he offers nothing more than rhetoric, that you claim his statement should be in the glossary... etc.

I disagree. And I said so... using the same degree of enthusiasm as you did.

However, maybe you can provide an example of how you take advantage of the psychological weaknesses of other traders... I mean since you agree so enthusiastically, maybe you know exactly what db is talking about. Maybe not. Just asking! Or PM me, I would love to read how this works. And I promise I won't use it."

All of this is an appropriate response to my comment that an edge can be something that enables one to take advantage of psychological weakness in other traders? If you truly believe so, you need to talk to somebody.

--Db

#20     Feb 4, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.