Too much money spent in Iraq for too few results

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bob111, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Bob111

Bob111

the numbers are truly mind boggling. imagine the levels of corruption.
    and no one seems to notice and no one seems to care..(George Carlin)

http://news.yahoo.com/too-much-money-spent-iraq-too-few-results-051221182--politics.html

2. It is a huge disaster. Republicans are lucky that Obama has chosen to demagogue something else.

Ironically, Jeb Bush is now being desperately shoved forward by the republican establishment as the logical 2016 candidate. He's like a nightmare combination of his brother, father and John McCain. Honestly, I would rather vote for the fat loudmouth asshole from Jersy.

3. Bob111

Bob111

interestingly enough that no party tried to play this card and accuse oppsite side on excessive spending\corruption etc in this particular field. makes me think that they all more or less with it. almost a trillion-it's a lot of money. enough for everyone in DC.
    and how pathetic both parties are looking now,crying over measly 85B cuts..what a shame...pissing away 800B in some foreign shit hole,while their own country is dying. i would kick out EVERYONE in gvt just for that. cause it's fucking unpatriotic. anyone who was found guilty on those projects should be really declared as a traitor. cause that's what they did-robbed their own country for their own benefits and benefits of the foreign country. good enough to me to give them 25 to life. so the next generation of crooks won't do this.

4. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

In a societies that are effectively tribal in nature, what ever made the U.S. believe that they can effectively rebuild a country in Iraq and Afghanistan?

The U.S. would have been better using the military to bomb these countries back to the 10th century (would not take much), invading to achieve the military objectives, and then immediately leaving --- and let the natives sort out the aftermath.

Why should the U.S. be in the rebuilding business of foreign nations - we have enough crumbling infrastructure that needs to be rebuilt right here in the U.S.

5. Ricter

Ricter

We did get the WMDs out of Iraq, though. That's got to be worth something.

6. pspr

pspr

Now if we can just figure out how to get the parasites and liberals out of North America.

7. I think Bush thought it could have been like Japan after the WW2 occupation.

8. jem

jem

the thing that pisses me off most... was the promise we would use their oil to pay for the liberation.

had we... we could have done a much better job... and the cronies could have still had their pay day.

I wonder if cornies are siphoning off profits any way.

9. Didn't know Rosie O'Donnell was running.. ??

10. Bob111

Bob111

this is precisely where the problem is. and this is why whole world hate US. there is no size fit's all. what worked for some might never work for another. they been riding on their camels\donkeys for centuries and they don't want your coca cola. they never asked for any democracy.USA looks and acts as an big international idiot with (yes) big stick(or baseball bat) in their hands. problem is that retard hit and hurt only himself, every time he swings the damn thing. he can't hit the ball.another problem is that retard feels very confident about what he was doing and think that he is a great player after all. it's a really sad picture..

imagine what all those money would do,if they were spend wisely on domestic infrastructure and scientific R&D..

#10     Mar 6, 2013