Too much carbs or too much thinking?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by DT-waw, Jul 22, 2020.

1. DT-waw

DT-waw

Im not satisfied with my training results - avg to low muscle mass with medium fat despite medium intensity body weight training 4 days per week. once per week higher intensity.
    Can you suggest wheres my mistake or what to improve in the first place?

I suspect two things are decreasing my results...
    1. Too much carbs and eating too frequently. I love pasta and oats. Sometimes rice buckwheat.
    But i also eat plenty of various proteins: fish (but not much..), eggs ( about 12 /week), beans , peanut butter, peas and protein drink after training. Not huge amounts but also not that low considering that oats also have proteins.
    I know carbs mess with HGH & insulin....
    Eric Laciste the trainer behind Jason Momoa is huge fan of no carbs... and medium intensity but very frequent training. This would indicate the only thing i do wrong is too much carbs!

2. My job and interest revolve around things which require a lot of analytical thinking. I was a trader for 18 years but not anymore ;)
    Now, shocking thing. Ive read chess players can burm even 8k Calories per day during important tournament - thinking and stress burns calories and muscle mass!
    Is my heavy thinking that bad for growth or is it rather carbs? My rest is rather normal. On a scale from 0 to 10 id say 4.5. Could be better but its close to average.

2. Overnight

Overnight

It's all about the sugar.

zenlot likes this.
  3. It might also be reason #3: too high expectations on the amount of muscle mass you can gain per period of time.

4. gaussian

gaussian

LOL. Anything to not cut out the donuts you're sneaking in.

5. I can only tell you what has worked for me. This also assumes you're working a traditional day time schedule.
    1. No eating after 4-5pm. Nothing, zero calories
    2. First meal of day is high protein, healthy fats. No sugar.
    3. Calories, bad fat, sugar have a cumulative effect. One off the rails cheat day ruins everything you did prior to that day.
    4. Do some serious counting of your calorie intake for a few weeks. You're taking in more than you think.

Amun Ra and Frederick Foresight like this.
  6. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Can you give us an overview of your height, weight, age, and what your goals are?

Frederick Foresight likes this.
  7. Perhaps it’s the excess of carbs. But if you want more specific results from your body training, you need to divulge your weight, height, age, etc.

8. Baron

Baron ET Founder

You can have your pasta and other starchy carbs, but I highly recommend that you save those for your post workout meal only. The carb source for all of your other meals should come primarily from fruits and vegetables. By limiting your starchy carbs to the post-workout window of time, you will be using the insulin boost from the pasta to shuttle protein and other nutrients back into the muscles. And you don't need any more than a cup of cooked pasta or rice to accomplish that.

9. Amun Ra

Amun Ra

Muscle mass is a bi-product of getting stronger. If you don't increase the weight you lift, you wont gain muscle.

10. jjstrp

jjstrp

^This + too much thinking

#10     Aug 23, 2020